“Ok”
Review of Viva Forever - CLOSED

Viva Forever
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I know it's closed now, but thought I would write a few words. It was good fun going with girlfriends on a Sat matinee with very discounted tickets, singing along at the end. Can see why the show didnt's survive. The cast was very committed, I thought.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I loved this show and was deeply saddened when I found out this show had closed. It was of West End standard and had some of the greatest songs written to support it. The show was also thoroughly witty and had great humor. Listening to Wannabe being played by an orchaestra was definitley a highlight of the show as it was fun and enjoyable. As well as the music, the charactars were also very well developed especially the girls of "Eternity". Would've loved to see this show again but at least I have the memories now.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Could have been a great show, with music of the spice girls and a book by Jennifer Saunders who thought it wouldn't do as well as it should. My big issue with it was the lack of girl power is that not what the girls stood for? My other issue was the 4 lead girls so badly cast I wanted to scream, they were weak in their performance and no energy or power came from them, I think with so more added comedy and a strong lead the show could have done way better

Reviewed 13 July 2013

When my friends and I heard the news that this show was closing due to poor ticket sales, we rushed out to see it on a Lastminute.com meal-and-show package. Although I am glad to have been given the opportunity to see 'Viva Forever' (as I believe it will never resurface in any shape or form again), I was shocked at just how bad it was.

I was a huge Spice Girls fan back in the day but the poor renditions of their songs in this so-called musical left me feeling cold rather than nostalgic. The dialogue and acting were wooden. Other audience members appeared to be entertained but the only time my friend and I laughed were at 'sentimental' scenes including an awful mash-up of the Spice Girls hits 'Mama', 'Goodbye' and flop comeback single 'Headlines'.

I hope 'Dirty Dancing' (which is replacing 'Viva Forever' and opens today) restores the reputation of the Piccadilly Theatre and allows us to forget about this sorry episode.

1  Thank Barco84
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Don't know why it closed, lots of laughs and fun, so glad we went to see it, some very very funny moments :-)