“Nice interior but don't be fooled.”

Made in Italy James Street
Ranked #4,363 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$23 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Completely Refurbished AUTUMN 2016 - This piece of Italy delivers authentic traditional Italian Antipasti, Pasta and desserts as well as the famous Pizza Metro, one of London's best pizzas!!! This lovely restaurant is the perfect venue for a delicious lunch, an Italian aperitivo after work or shopping in the cosy Oxford Street as well as for a tasty dinner and for a pizza party in the chic Marylebone area.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice interior but don't be fooled.”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I am currently in the restaurant with my cousin travelling from over seas. The interior is nice but ridiculously tight and small. Barely fit onto the table, my cousin described it as chlostrophobkc. We sat down and immediately had to move tables due to our one wobbling constantly. The next table we moved to was rammed against the wall in a corner that I could barely fit in. We ordered our drinks and food and waited patiently. As we were waiting a couple by us had ordered two pastas only one arrived, as I was over listening I heard the waiter say that the chef has made a mistake and only made one pasta, the waiter told the chef to make one more so they can eat the first one as they wait for the second plate to arrive. The waiter put down the bowl of pasta Inbetween them and slowly the couple split the pasta, once they had finished they had to wait for a 15 minute interval before the other pasta came. During that wait one of the waitresses handed them the desert menu and the couple explained they are waiting upon one more pasta (which evidently by her facial expression she had no clue about). Their pasta eventually arrived as did ours. We both ordered the carbonara, spaghetti was undercooked and hard, too much oil and not enough sauce. Overall not impressed with the quality of the food. As I was eating I saw the waitress bring a plate of pasta to another couple who didn't order that pasta and had no idea who's it was, by the waitresses face she had no clue who she was actually serving. I saw her also trying to use the coffee machine and make a coffee but again had no idea what she was doing so she called the chef out to come show her, and guess what, to a surprise the chef didn't know how to use the most basic coffee machine.
Overall the restaurant is a no for me, not impressed with the service, poor quality food and everything else in general. Couldn't wait to leave and go get a sandwich from pret a manger!

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
“Pleasant Authentic Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is the 2nd time I have visited this restaurant now. Both times have been a pleasant experience - food is authentically Italian and fresh.

First time when we came with our best friends (in January 2013) we sat at the back of the restaurant and it was a really nice experience. Food was good for us three meat eaters, it was just the main pasta dish for my vegetarian friend was rather small (but tasted really good). However we enjoyed the experience and the staff where really helpful with picking out a bottle of red wine which we enjoyed.

The 2nd time (in August 2013) I came with my husband it was a rainy evening and we where sat at the front of the restaurant by the door more or less (was a bit cold). But the restaurant was busy so wasn’t possible to move.
The food was good and the wine list was extensive. The staff where really friendly and it’s a really nice touch that most the staff are Italian.

We will return on another London break.

• Visited August 2013
Essex, UK
“Good & Authentic”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Friendly and efficient Italian staff, delicious authentic Italian food. More choice of pizzas than other dishes, but most should find something that appeals. Zuchini & calamari friti and seafood linguine were excellent. Well-chosen wine list with decent house wines. Why go to one of the italian-themed chain restaurants when you can eat much better here!

• Visited August 2013
“Best italian resturant ”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Its the best italian resturant in my opinion .. and my fav here in london! Worth to try at least once

Hong Kong, China
“Italian, resl”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Italian restaurant away from Italy even though its group. Staff were all italian . I had 2 meals here despite its far from my hotel. I deliberately make my way bk for their food, even the wine is gd