“Sharp practice! ”

Price range: US$24 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Completely Refurbished AUTUMN 2016 - This piece of Italy delivers authentic traditional Italian Antipasti, Pasta and desserts as well as the famous Pizza Metro, one of London's best pizzas!!! This lovely restaurant is the perfect venue for a delicious lunch, an Italian aperitivo after work or shopping in the cosy Oxford Street as well as for a tasty dinner and for a pizza party in the chic Marylebone area.
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

On the whole good food but I expects a restaurant that serves steak to also be able to provide a mustard of some sort to go with it and not the tomato ketchup or mayonnaise offered! Abrupt service and as I have a habit of tipping I don't appreciate a discretionary service charge of 12.5% to be included in the total on the bill. Not only does the service not warrant this level of tipping but I don't want to have to start negotiating the bill at the table in front of my guests. Beware the glass front door that one of our friends walked into. It's locked. No sign or safety sticker. You have to use the side door.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Good food , good service, walk to the theatres. The brick oven pizza looked delicious. We had a great antipasto before our meal.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had lunch at Made in Italy at James Street and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and service. It was rather empty when we came in although is was not too late for lunch I believe (2.30pm).

We basically shared 3 starters together and I ordered a glass of Chianti. We had the Bruschetta, Octopus salad and Risotto. It was all very well done and tasted like real authentic Italian food. The services was quick and attentive.

We really enjoyed our lunch here and I would recommend the place without hesitation.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I am currently in the restaurant with my cousin travelling from over seas. The interior is nice but ridiculously tight and small. Barely fit onto the table, my cousin described it as chlostrophobkc. We sat down and immediately had to move tables due to our one wobbling constantly. The next table we moved to was rammed against the wall in a corner that I could barely fit in. We ordered our drinks and food and waited patiently. As we were waiting a couple by us had ordered two pastas only one arrived, as I was over listening I heard the waiter say that the chef has made a mistake and only made one pasta, the waiter told the chef to make one more so they can eat the first one as they wait for the second plate to arrive. The waiter put down the bowl of pasta Inbetween them and slowly the couple split the pasta, once they had finished they had to wait for a 15 minute interval before the other pasta came. During that wait one of the waitresses handed them the desert menu and the couple explained they are waiting upon one more pasta (which evidently by her facial expression she had no clue about). Their pasta eventually arrived as did ours. We both ordered the carbonara, spaghetti was undercooked and hard, too much oil and not enough sauce. Overall not impressed with the quality of the food. As I was eating I saw the waitress bring a plate of pasta to another couple who didn't order that pasta and had no idea who's it was, by the waitresses face she had no clue who she was actually serving. I saw her also trying to use the coffee machine and make a coffee but again had no idea what she was doing so she called the chef out to come show her, and guess what, to a surprise the chef didn't know how to use the most basic coffee machine.
Overall the restaurant is a no for me, not impressed with the service, poor quality food and everything else in general. Couldn't wait to leave and go get a sandwich from pret a manger!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is the 2nd time I have visited this restaurant now. Both times have been a pleasant experience - food is authentically Italian and fresh.

First time when we came with our best friends (in January 2013) we sat at the back of the restaurant and it was a really nice experience. Food was good for us three meat eaters, it was just the main pasta dish for my vegetarian friend was rather small (but tasted really good). However we enjoyed the experience and the staff where really helpful with picking out a bottle of red wine which we enjoyed.

The 2nd time (in August 2013) I came with my husband it was a rainy evening and we where sat at the front of the restaurant by the door more or less (was a bit cold). But the restaurant was busy so wasn’t possible to move.
The food was good and the wine list was extensive. The staff where really friendly and it’s a really nice touch that most the staff are Italian.

We will return on another London break.