Of course a complimentary upgrade helps to write a good review but this hotel definitely deserves a good review (irrespective of the upgrade that I have received).
• Great location directly connected to King’s Cross Station and the tube station.
• Tasteful rooms with comfortable beds.
• Great noise cancelling: I did not hear any noise from the street and very little noise from the corridor thanks to plushy carpets and separation doors.
• Free Wifi (many hotels still dare to charge for that…)
• Complimentary mineral water, reasonably priced drinks in the minibar and a Nespresso machine in the room.
• Rainforest shower
• Friendly and enthusiastic staff at check-in
• Nice and stylish bar with a great selection of special beers.
• Rooms are not very big but ok sized for London
• Tiny reception are (I did not have to wait but at rush hour it could take a while)
I will definitely found my new home base in London!More