“I saw places in London I have never seen before.”

London Discovery Tours With Richard Jones
Ranked #175 of 725 Tours in London
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: London Discovery Walks are conducted by author Richard Jones and they take you on voyages of discovery that explore the hidden, lesser visited parts of London.Richard is the author of books on Charles Dickens, Haunted London and Jack the Ripper. He is also a qualified and registered London Tourist Guide and is licensed by the Institute of Tourist Guiding.He leads tours on most days and strives to make each of his tours a unique and rewarding experience.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Firstly Richard is the most amazing tour guide. He is eloquent and has a vast knowledge of the history of London ( and probably everywhere else). His voice projection is excellent and presentation skills are quite theatrical.I went on the Secret London Tour which took me places I have never been. Up secret alley ways, and streets I have been down but never noticed. Suprizing gems and some great pubs I am definately going back to. I was thoroughly entertained and had a smashing couple of hours walking the streets of Secret London. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who thinks they "know" London and those who love intersting unusual facts. Suitable for all ages although there is quite a bit of walking and no toilet stops.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Have been on tours before but This tour was exceptional. Richard is knowledgeable, entertaining and funny. The tour was in the City of London and in some areas you felt as if you were transported back to the 19th century. Richard certainly set the scene with his stories. Thoroughly enjoyed and would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Richard is an excellent tour guide. Enthusiastic and informative, with plenty gory details and fun facts. Tourists will love it, but as a resident who walks around the area every day he pointed out dozens of things that I'd never noticed. Would certainly recommend.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Took family on Ghost Tour from Lord Raglan Pub (nr St.Pauls Tube Stn).
Tour was very engaging, we saw parts of London we were not familiar with and
stories were well delivered. Agree with one other reviewer that start of tour at 7pm
in summer is little early (too light) so atmosphere improves as evening goes on.
All in all - great tour, great tour guide and fascinating.. would (will) do another
next time we find ourselves in London !!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

There is so much to do in London that it's difficult to decide how to spent your time, but I can honestly recommend taking a tour led by Richard Jones! My first experience was his Ghosts of Old London walk & the time flew by so entertaining & engaging was his banter! His knowledge was top rate & I thoroughly enjoyed his tips for seeing other parts of London!