“Outstanding hotel experience”

Ranked #32 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Bedfordshire
“Outstanding hotel experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed at The Nadler Soho for one night in the midweek and I can honestly say it was a refreshing and revitalising experience.
Having worked a long day in a baking hot London I arrived somewhat weary at Reception ladened down with luggage. Reception was serene and calm, setting the mood for the whole experience. Check in was quick and polite, plus one of the staff accompanied me all the way to my room to help with my luggage. There security swipe pads on the doors between Reception and the rooms, plus in the Lift made me feel very secure here.
The room was classed as a 'small double', although the space is really well laid out, making the most of every inch. The large window makes the room very airy and light, and there is a blackout blind plus a venetian blind, so nice and dark when I wanted to sleep. There's a good sized desk with plenty of power sockets for recharging phones etc. Oh, and WIFI is free! The bonus is a small kitchenette hidden in a cupboard equipped with kettle, cutlery, cups, glasses, fridge, recycling bins and a Brita filter water tap......Wow! Fantastic attention to detail. There's tea, coffee and green tea supplied.
The bathroom is a good size, plenty of premium quality towels and flannels plus Gilchrist and Soames toiletries are supplied. The shower has a rain shower head and a hand held shower, and the cubicle was huge! Of course everything was spotlessly clean.
The kingsize bed is made up with gorgeous white cotton linen and a sumptuous Moore&Moore faux fur throws. Super comfortable pillows too, I got a great night's sleep!
The hotel is 'room only' which is perfect because being in the centre of Soho it's surrounded by great places to eat.
The staff who looked after me made me feel very welcome and were extremely helpful and polite. There are many other establishments that could learn a lot from The Nadler Soho, they are really getting it right. I look forward to returning.

1 Thank T55MCS
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hello T55MCS, I am so pleased to read that the features and amenities we spend so long planning were appreciated. When traveling on my own, I always prefer a smaller room when its for a night or two, if its well laid out, so I was especially happy to read that the size and layout of the small double worked well, as intended. Also pleasing to read that you liked the Brita water filter, another first in a London hotel. Do come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Having stayed at The Nadler twice in the last month I can highly recommend it. I travel for business and my needs are fairly simple. A good clean modern room with reliable (free) wifi and a great shower so I can get some exercise done. The addition of an in room Brita filter tap so I don't have to pay £4 for a bottle of water in the room is more than welcome! The staff are always warm and friendly and the location could not be better. 1 minute to Soho Square, next to the tube and surrounded by great food and theatre The Nadler represents great value for money and the fact it is set back from Dean Street helps reduce the noise.

1 Thank Ian M
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thanks for your great review, Ian M, i am very pleased to read that we ticked so many boxes for you! We try to keep things simple, aiming to do the essentials exceptionally well, as we say, so it is more than pleasing to read that we seem to be getting things right!
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Nadler Soho - a perfect location close to lots of attractions in London, very comfortable accommodations, and a charming staff working hard to please guests. We will definitely will stay here again and again. The linens were remarkable, the room was extremely clean, he bed was fabulous, and the mini-kitchen was a great addition to the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank halaz
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you halaz for your lovely review, and we will be delighted to see you return. The most important part of the hospitality business is the human side, so to read reviews like yours that mention how hard our team work are very gratifying. It always a challenge in a new hotel, with team members who need to get to know the building, system and other team members. When it comes together as quickly as it has here, its really testament to their hard work and dedication, so thanks again for mentioning this.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Hotel:

We stayed at the Nadler for 4 nights at the end of May 2013 for our wedding which was across Soho square and what a lovely hotel it is. After extensively searching for nice and affordable hotels around London’s West End I found the Nadler refreshingly excellent value for a brand new hotel that is extremely comfortable and tastefully decorated. The Nadler has an outlook to the beautiful Soho square and is in a superb location. I find a lot of hotels in London are old and run down and a disappointment on arrival but on checking in to the Nadler I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely the rooms were, the bed was one of the best I have stayed in (in terms of comfort) and the shower was excellent. The rooms have a kitchenette with a microwave which is quite rare in hotels in London and we found was useful. It is luxury and simplicity at it’s best and the best I have seen in Soho in this price range. It is in prime position to some of London’s top restaurants, west end shows, oxford street shopping and Trafalgar square.

Staff:

I can’t give enough praise to the staff, honestly they were absolutely brilliant and went above and beyond. They made us feel like royalty and, without being too much, the service was better than any 5* hotels I have stayed in. The hotel manger, Andrew, created a great atmosphere in the hotel, he was visible to the guests and made us feel very welcome. If something needed fixing (because it was a brand new hotel and there are always some very minor teething issues) the staff were there within minutes solving it.

Overall Experience:

10/10 - We had over 50 guests staying at the Nadler for our wedding. All the bookings were managed very well which is impressive with that many people checking in and out at similar times. There were lots of international guests who were checking in and out at all hours and they were all made to feel very welcome and like anything was possible. Most people who spoke to us after our wedding mentioned the hotel and how great it was and how brilliant the staff were. At the risk of sounding cliché, I think the Nadler was key to making our special day the best day or our lives. The staff bent over backwards for us, especially on our wedding day. There was no request too big, even bringing us extra mirrors, complimentary breakfast and champagne! We will definitely be coming back to stay at the Nadler and highly recommend it – especially for your special event.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RichFi D
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Richard, thank you for your thorough and wonderful review. I recall we had some trepidation about accepting your booking so soon after opening, which, as a wedding, puts a real responsibility on us to get it right. I felt it was a little early but my GM, Andrew, was confident that his team and the building were capable. I am delighted (and relieved!) that this was indeed the case, and thank you for all your kind words. Your whole party made it easy for us, as the sense of joy they brought with them permeated the hotel, and gave us all a real boost at the launch of our business, so thank you from all of us, and congratulations once again!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Perfectly located in a great area, and lovely and peaceful inside. The staff were fantastic; they couldn't have been more helpful. Room outstanding; great beds, superb towels, impeccably clean, great TV's and internet, and the mini-kitchen is so useful. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We were in Room 401 - which is a lovely suite looking straight across to Soho Square
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Hello PEDay and thank you for your review. The Carlisle Suite (room 401) really is special so I am delighted you enjoyed it. The view down to Soho Square, which it shares with 3 Nadler Deluxe rooms on the floors below, is unique. You certainly know where you are when you're staying there! With its separate sitting room, its a flat. If I could, I'd move in!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel is superb, really well furnished with a great ambience and right at the heart of Soho but also nice and quiet. Once of those oasis of tranquility after stepping in from the hustle and bustle! You are setting the standard here Nadler!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Richard B
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Ho Boulty 39, that is high praise indeed that you should think we set the standards! As a 'new kid on the block' in the world of hotels, we have much to learn and really appreciate guest feedback so that we can set standards that are important to the guest, so we intend to keep listening and learning!
Viborg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Nadler hotel is located right in the middle of amazing Soho. I loved it there... Wonderful rooms with everything you need and super friendly staff. Can't wait to go back! <3
My room had everything. Free wifi, big screen TV, an amazing bed, small kitchenette with a Nespresso machine! Loved it!!! The only negative thing is that you can't open the window in the room. After 3 days, it would have been good to get some fresh air in.

Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Hi DitteBruun, we love Soho too! Its a fantastic location for just about everything, and we are very happy to be in the heart of it. Thank you for all your kind words. Our ventilation and heating/cooling system provides constant ducted fresh air into all guest rooms. We have some rooms with windows that open so when you next visit us, ask for one of the rooms at the St Anne's end, or book one of our rooms with the small outside terraces.We look forward to welcoming you back soon.