“Central location, modern decor, attentive staff”
Review of The Nadler Soho

The Nadler Soho
Ranked #34 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“Central location, modern decor, attentive staff”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I really liked the staff during my 2 night stay in April. They represented various European nationalities and had a happy willingness to help us with whatever items we might need. I had written to them that the morning of our departure was my mom's 69th birthday. The room contained a generous bottle of champagne and box of chocolates with a hand written happy birthday note upon our arrival. I thought it was a very nice gesture.

They helped us up to our room with luggage and refused the tip I was trying to give. Did I offer too little? LOL. They had umbrellas we could use.

The room was spotless, the TV and wi-fi generous, the bathroom very modern, and the beds were very comfortable. The window opened to a nearby building, so we had no view; but when in London you go out and enjoy the city! Very close to lots of excellent restaurants and shopping in SoHo. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear hotirado, your heading states all the essentials we want our guests to benefit from, so thank you for that and for the 5 star review. Making sure guests have a memorable stay is one of the great pleasures of working in our industry, so we love to hear back when we have made a difference. It inspires us to want to do more!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for a week in June. I have lived in London and stayed here several times with friends, but this is the first visit where I have stayed in a London hotel. I read the reviews here thoroughly before booking so thought I knew what to expect.

First, the very best part of this hotel is the service, and it is extraordinary. The staff are very impressive and a credit to the management.

We arrived on a Friday afternoon, and the area was already buzzing so I was concerned when we came back after dinner that our room would be loud - but it wasn't. In fact it was extremely quiet and it was almost hard to believe the chaos that was just down the street.

That said, we were not happy with our room. We got a deluxe as we wanted a bit of space, which we got. The kitchenette was really nice to have and the room is well designed. I loved the fact the sound from the TV could be piped into the bathroom. However, we did not like the window size and placement. We were on the first floor but the window was high up on the wall so it made us feel like we were in a basement. This would not generally be a big deal but for the fact we were there for a week, so we started to feel a little claustrophobic. Second, I did not like the lighting in the bathroom. Bear in mind that I have poor eyesight and so I need good lighting, and I found the lighting here hard to work with. I ended up putting the hand mirror on the window ledge and was able to see properly to apply my make up. Finally, we were woken the first morning to what sounded like furniture being moved around above us. We heard the same thing the next day too (starting at 8:30 on a Sunday), but the third day, starting at 7:30 we heard drilling. That is when we realized we were hearing the sounds of construction being done on the rooms below us.

I did not complain to the staff, who I am sure would have tried to move us to a different room (at this point I had injured my back and did not feel I could pack up and move rooms). I certainly cannot fault the staff for not making things better. When I mentioned this at checkout I was offered a refund of a portion of my bill which was entirely unexpected and unnecessary since I did not complain at a time when they could have rectified it. So again, compliments to these fantastic people and the effort they go to for the guests.

I still do not understand why this room was assigned in the first place. The construction was being done right below us, and it should have been obvious we would hear it. So I am a little shocked that the room was even rented out. That, and the window (which may sound like a small thing but obviously it bothered me) put a damper on the trip.

The hotel offers a pretty good selection of reasonably priced wines, which we took advantage of. I liked that I was able to pay my bill in Canadian dollars. There are a number of area restaurants they recommend. We tried two of them and were really happy with both (as an aside, both were supposed to offer us something extra as guests of this hotel and neither did - again, our responsibility for not following up (we did not even remember until later), but I would recommend you be aware of this - but still go to the restaurants as they are good).

All in all it was a nice trip, but I struggled with this review as I wanted to give it a 5 just because of the staff. We were too disappointed in the room though, so I had to hold back.

1 Thank Pat Y
philip C, General Manager at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your constructive review, I am disappointed to read that the room did not live up to your expectations. Our room types come in a range of sizes, from Soho Singles to the Carlisle Suite. Because of the shape of the building, room sizes and shapes within categories will vary a little including the window placement, but that provides variety, especially to guests who return often. It is a core part of our hotel concept not to have a bar, restaurant, gym and I am delighted that the little touched like the Kitchenette and the Bose speakers in the room were duly noted and appreciated.

I sorry to hear that the construction noise woke you up in the morning, and do wish you had informed us so that we could have made alternative arrangements for you. I am delighted to hear, however, that the Duty manager addressed the issue as soon as you mentioned it. It is very important to us that no guest leaves our hotel unhappy with service or standard.

I do hope that the next time you are in London, you choose to stay in our hotel so that we may deliver a 5 star experience for you.
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel worked great for us. We bought breakfast items at the Tesco just around the corner and, thanks to the convenient kitchenette in our room, were able start the day easily. We were impressed by the hotel's dedication to being green. Just one suggestion though- it would be nice to have the opportunity to use the provided toiletries for more than a day before they are replaced with new ones. I had used a bar of soap once only before it was replaced. Maybe provide a basket for guests to put opened toiletries in if they want to use them for more than one day. Other than that, no complaints. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and our room, although small was very comfortable and immaculately clean. We would stay here again for sure.

Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear JanL577, many thanks for your super 5*. We are pleased you share our environmental concern. Point noted on toiletries - we are sometimes told they aren't replenished often enough, so we need to get the balance right. We will look into that, as its to our advantage in costs terms anyway. Thanks also for the compliments on our staff and the room comfort. Whether its our larger or smaller rooms, we designed them so that every room size would be comfortable and its reassuring to get your positive feedback.
Forster, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A big thankyou for a fabulous 4 night stay at your wonderful Hotel. The location is superb, the room clean and quiet with an awesome cosy king bed, a coffee machine bonus plus excellent free wifi.
I have stayed in many first class hotels and this is one of the best.
The staff are just exceptional, the most friendly and helpful I have ever crossed. Having sustained a stress fracture of the foot after 6 weeks travelling and told to rest up, I was offered the use of crutches which enabled me to make the most of my stay in London and walk which I otherwise would not have been able to do.
I cannot say enough good about this Hotel and will definitely stay again and recommend to everyone. 10/10 and once again a big thankyou!
Kind regards Genelle H.

Room Tip: Room 2 was quiet with a small outdoor sitting area located on lower ground.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
philip C, General Manager at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Daisychain58,

I do hope you’re feeling better and back on your feet. Thank you for all the lovely superlatives which make us want to be even better. Our aim is to offer great service, and interior designed, well planned rooms with lots of amenities you won't find elsewhere. However without our hard working passionate team we would not be able to achieve what we do on a daily business. I’m glad we tick all the boxes and hope that you choose to stay with us again. Please come back soon.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I went to London with my girlfriend at the time hoping to make her my Fiancee. The room was very nice, spotless, stylish. I asked if they could make it special in any way and they made the room very romantic with the bed making rose petals and complimentary chocolates. It was done discreatly and was amazing.

The bed was very comfy for a hotel bed I was surprised duvet and pillows and the location of the hotel made for absolutely no outside noise to our room. The only thing I could hear was other rooms toilets flushing which wasn't a problem.

The price was very reasonable from where you are in London and also the staff were very pleasant.

I couldn't fault this hotel 100% recommend

Oh and btw she said yes :)!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hi doublestyle and congratulations from the whole team at The Nadler Soho! That's wonderful news and we are very happy if we were able to play a small part in making your stay a success. We hope you'll return as man and wife!
Stockholm
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The Nadler is very clean & very quiet. Service is friendly & efficient. The location made it ideal for us. Rooms are small (depending on what you book) but well equipped &, perhaps most importantly, very clean. Well worth a stay!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear AnnaMeandering,

Thank you for your endorsement. Mihaela our executive housekeeper is thrilled to read your review. I am sorry that you found the room small, and hope that if you stay with us again, you take the opportunity to choose a more spacious room type as we have 8 different categories ranging in size from the Soho Single up to the Carlisle Suite. Thank you for your review we look forward to welcoming you back and perhaps win a 5 star review next time.
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The perfect location for Soho and the West End. Theatres, restaurants and night life are all within a short walk. This hotel has every comfort and the staff are friendly and helpful. Its a new hotel and the rooms are very well equipped.

Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hello Wilf E, thank you for your lovely 5* review that covers everything very succinctly! There's nothing more satisfying than to hear from satisfied guests! Come back soon!