“Flat white”

Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Australian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: With two the cafes the original Attendant is Formerly a Victorian toilet, built around 1890 and mothballed in the 1960's. After laying dormant for more than fifty years, it was lovingly transformed into one of Europe's most unique Espresso & Food bar spaces. After two-years planning and restoration, the original porcelain urinals have become an inspired coffee bench with green seating to match the original Victorian floor tiles. Rated in the top 10 independent coffee shops in the city by Timeout London & Visit London and runner up Best Coffee Shop in London 2013.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flat white”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Browsing through internet I found a good review about this little coffee shop, so I decided to visit.
I must say the place has a unique feeling.When I entered the first impression was I am in a coffee shop where mostly students are coming after their classes. It gives out a young, vibrant atmosphere, and music from Queen puts the cherry on top of this feeling.
I like coffee, and I like flat white although I am not a coffee expert I can tell that the coffee was exquisite. Also, I loved the texture and the temperature of the milk. All in all I will definitely revisit this place and try one of their cakes.

• Visited August 2014
Bosh M, Owner at The Attendant, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Thanks for the great review. Hope to see you again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Coffee with a difference”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I really don't think you'll find a quirkier or more unusual London setting for a cup of rosy or cappuccino.
Forget going before 9am or at lunchtime as it's going to be over-run with suits & queues of people. Aim for mid morning or late afternoon and you'll be able to relax, enjoy & admire this special place.

Visited June 2014
Bosh M, Owner at The Attendant, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for the great review. Hope to see you again soon.
London
“Astonishing and bizarre”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I love using my iPhone in the loo, as I am now, but generally I'm not drinking an astonishingly good "flat white" too.
This is an incredible place. Built 125 years ago (or thereabouts), this basement public gents, similar to hundreds that used to be seen around London, is a fantastic example of late Victorian street architecture.
Closed down in the 1950s, it stood vacant and mothballed for around 60 years until Bosh bought it last year and turned it into the stunning place that it now is.
It's incredible sitting her surrounded by Victorian porcelain urinals which should rightfully reek of urine... Instead it's sparkling clean, with amazing air con, brill cakes, croissants and toasted sandwiches and an amazing collection of teas (including Lapsang Souchang, my fave) and first class coffee.
So here I am, sitting among the original tile floor, tiled walls, hand dryer etc. I think that you MUST visit this place. It's quirky, totally cool and a brilliant piece of history to boot. And if you're a woman it may be your only chance to visit a public gents without risking arrest!
The downside?? There's no loo here!!

Bosh M, Owner at The Attendant, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for the great review Jeffery. It was nice to meet you the other day and I did forget to mention we do actually have a customer toilet. It is hidden around the corner in the old Attendants office. See you again soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Attendant was Amazing”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Best breakfast I have had in all of London, awesome quirky location. If you are in London you need to go.

• Visited June 2014
Bosh M, Owner at The Attendant, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for popping down! Glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us. See you again soon.
Kent
“Quirky 'wee' place”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter took me to this cool place. Cool because it's under ground and cool because it's a converted public urinal with many of the original features - not all I hasten to add. Tea, coffee, sandwiches, cakes all served with a smile. Lunchtime can be busy so if you've only got 1/2 hour, go in the afternoon. We had cakes and tea and it was delicious.
You'll love it!

• Visited June 2014
Bosh M, Owner at The Attendant, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks for popping down and the great review. Hope to see you again soon.