“Melt in the mouth”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Melt in the mouth”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My boyfriend took me here for dinner the other night having heard about it through a friend. It was perfect. A little hideaway above a working men's club in the back streets of Bethnal Green. It had that Narnia feel straight away, like we were in on a secret. The food was gorgeous. I love my red meat and the ox cheek stew was spot on. Melt in the mouth. Definitely going back.

1 Thank CW2013

London
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

it's not often i feel compelled to write a review about a restaurant but this place is worth shouting about. totally charming with utterly faultless food. i love the menu concept, a small and constantly changing menu, all of it delicious and really good value. service was heartfelt and the atmosphere was relaxed. reckon i'll find myself here an awful lot!

1 Thank LLewis83
London, United Kingdom
“The best Sunday roast in East London”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Only moments from Columbia Road flower market, this is a perfect destination after a morning Stroll. Friendly staff, a well composed menu, good wine, great eating area.

I particularly recommend the Bloody Mary, chicken liver starter, followed by an epic Sunday roast!

Too full for pudding but will try and squeeze some in next time.

Highly recommend, will definitely go again

1 Thank ArabellaVonFrankel
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience, really nice new resturant”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Really surprised how great this was. I was there with some friends and had been recommended by another friend who went to the restaurants taster launch. I wasn't sure what to expect in the style of food. Just that my friend said it was a good new place.
THE FOOD was Exquisite. Mel the waitress/reception was really friendly and quite a character. I enjoyed all 3 courses, so did my friends. We almost licked the plate. I had such a beautiful salad and some poultry. Real English style with a gourmet twist. really great.
it has a very interesting character and was a really cosy atmosphere.
After we ate, we went down to the club. Had some really interesting stuff going on. nice venue too,