“This. Was. Awesome. ”

Ranked #688 of 24,772 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: The Clove Club opened in March 2013 in Shoreditch Town Hall, East London. The restaurant is named after the original supper club that brought our founders Daniel Willis, Isaac Mchale and Johnny Smith together in 2010. We serve modern British cooking – thoughtful, precise and elegant food in a relaxed and informal setting. At The Clove Club we serve a tasting menu that highlights the best produce we can source from across the British Isles, with ideas and inspirations from around the world. Our wine list showcases regions from the old and new world, encompassing traditional and modern styles of wine making, with a focus on artisanal growers. In addition we also offer a number of pairings – classic and prestige wine pairings, as well as a soft pairing and an ambient tea pairing.
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Sublime! We Went for annual Xmas Lunch with my wife and were very impressed. Had about 14 courses including the snacks and were impressed with every dish. Sashimi of sardine, lamb rib and scallop / clementine were the highlights. Great service, buzzy atmosphere, fantastic food and great drinks. Service was excellent yet not too formal.
Anyone interested in modern, fresh, seasonal cuisine should give this a go. It’s well deserved of it’s Michelin star.
We’ll be going again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Write a reviewReviews (759)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I went with three friends last night and did not know anything about the restaurant before going and had no expectations. Wasn't sure what to expect and was left speechless. We had the 5 course menu and then added a few extra dishes. From the starter 'snacks' through the different main courses all the way to the two mind blowing desserts (the Tarte tatin was the best I have ever had!) each dish was breath-taking.
The staff were excellent, super friendly, helpful, attentive...and fun!
The Clove Club is an experience that everyone should try!
Thank you Clove!!!!!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Tasting menu was outstanding. We didn't enjoy one of the wine parings (orange wine) but we didn't mind one bit because the others were sensational.
Clean, bright, intelligent flavour combinations that popped in the mouth and mind leaving us jacked.
The bill was double what I was expecting but I didn't care because it was a proper experience. Not in the whacky way that some chefs try to force by being overly theatrical - just...really, really clever.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My bosses took me out for my 50th, had an incredible experience, the food was delicious, the wines unbelievable and the service out of this world! This place is a must.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017

An outstanding meal. 9 courses plus finger food to start. Each dish was exquisite and presently fabulously. A very memorable experience. I wish I hadn’t read some of the reviews beforehand that talked about selling up and poor service as it actually set me on edge and I was waiting for something that never materialised. There was one discussion about an additional truffle dish but very definitely no hard sell at all and the service was excellent, very friendly and attentive. I loved the open kitchen and lack of pretension in the decor. A really great meal with friends and I can see why it is so highly rated in the top 100 restaurants.