“The best bowl of pasta I've ever eaten.”
Review of Petrocchi

Petrocchi
Ranked #6,655 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Thankfully, we were tipped off about this little gem by the doorman of a nearby hotel, otherwise we would have walked straight passed. The staff were very friendly and the food was amazing!

The ingredients were fresh and beautifully prepared; the pasta was freshly made in-house. Each flavour was distinct and none overpowering.

The cakes and coffee were also wonderful.

We were in the area by chance but would make the effort to return just to eat here again. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Br1ght0n_rev1ewer

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Really good value no nonsense Italian cafe offering unpretentious but good quality food at fair prices. On an area dogged by overpriced restaurants this is a good place for a quick lunch .
Loos are very trendy!

1  Thank AKW5457
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Petrocchi is not a Michelin starred restaurant - but that's a good thing!

The ingredients are if a very high quality, but unlike Michrlin starred restaurants, the portions are plentiful.

This is the kind of restaurant to come to if you appreciate fine dining but have an appetite and don't want to spend a King's Ransom!!

We had a mixture of plates and between us I tried the Burrata (incredible!), Vitello Tonnata (wonderful), octopus (not my usual choice, but very tasty), prawns with samphire and carpaccio if beef (both sublime). We then had pasta dishes for main courses (orichiette with salsiccia and taglietelle with veal ragu) which were both amazing.

This is a restaurant for those who appreciate good food and like generous portions! I recommend it heartily.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Opposite the Royal Institute - which is also worth a visit Mon-Fri or on monthly family days- as other reviews state, it's a gem. Relaxed, warm friendly service, modern Italianate interior and great food. Worth a visit for the gelati and coffee alone. Infinitely better than any of the chain restaurant and cafe offerings on the busier streets nearby.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We've lunched here twice now, both times having an excellent salad, and thoroughly enjoyed it. On our first visit the weather was good and we ate outdoors so we were pleasantly surprised to find such a smart interior when we went in to pay. The staff are pleasant and friendly. My only criticism today was that the avocado that should have appeared in my salad had been replaced with courgette, without me being told. I hate courgettes but luckily my husband doesn't so he took mine. I didn't mention it but had I been lunching alone without someone to eat my courgette I would have drawn attention to it as I feel it should have been mentioned. However the rest of the salad was delicious and we will certainly eat there again when we're in the area. It's very convenient for the Royal Academy, and situated in a street with some very interesting private galleries.

3  Thank Moville047