“Best bacon sandwich in London”
Review of 49 Cafe

49 Cafe
Ranked #13 of 1,212 Coffee & Tea in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Fortunately, we were staying right around the corner from this small cafe and noticed the pile of amazing looking bread in the window one day. We bought a small olive bread, then we came back for sandwiches and salads several times. We are particularly fond of bacon sandwiches and they have really, really good bacon AND they believe in putting LOTS of it in their sandwiches. Yummy!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A nice alternative for business lunch; sandwiches and salads are OK but not special. The chicken sandwich is a good idea.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Get the 'ciabatta pollo' for lunch. Trust me. It is amazing, is only £4 and comes with a free banana! The pasta with salad is also very good. Learning the queue for payment and take-away takes some getting used to, but once you get the process you'll curse the students and tourists standing around in the way. Go early (12:00-12:30) to avoid a wait. Well worth the walk from the British Library or British Museum.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Considering the place is so little the atmosphere is amazing and the food is great. I have the broccoli pasta and it is delicious!!
Just wish they served the pasta past 2 as I can't always make it.
Other than that......AMAZING!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went in for a breakfast on a trip to London. The food was ok, I had a full English and my wife had toast with jam. Toast came pre buttered and jammed which I find off putting. It's much more professional to provide toast, butter and jam separately, allowing the customer to spread it as they want.
Particularly off putting was the surly attitude of the girl who served us. She never smiled, said thank you or interacted with us in a friendly manner. I can accept that people have bad days but to see her treat another customer, evidently a local, with smiles and good grace particularly stuck in my craw.
The girl in question, a pretty, petite Eastern European girl, manage to spoil what could have been a decent breakfast I a nice little cafe.
I certainly wouldn't go back on the strength of this visit. A shame.

1  Thank Paddy N