“Four of us had a really nice meal and a nice time”

Red Pocket Restaurant
Ranked #13,001 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I really enjoy going to this hotel and go there regularly coming from Knightsbridge...
It is very calm - elegant - with very good service .
During the day I like to go to the Ambrosia restaurant on first floor and enjoy the river view.

Four of us went for dinner for first time .

The restaurant looks very nice at night.
We sat on round table at the end of the restaurant.
As we were four we could share and enjoy 4 different starters and 4 main courses. All very freshly made - hot and delicious.
We loved the duck and a chicken dish with mange-tout and small mushrooms...

We recommend to finish with sharing their dessert that consist of 3 different small glasses each with a small size of their main desserts.
Service was fine.

There are newer reviews for Red Pocket Restaurant

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Family lunchtime visit using Groupon voucher. Food very nice - quite small portions and limited menu but tasty - but service was soooooo slow. 40 mins for starters to come and another 50 for the mains. One waiter blamed too few in the kitchen another that as its all made fresh you have too wait. Good value with Groupon but wouldn't go back and pay full price. Not 5 star standard.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This restaurant is next to the heliport, though I did not see any landing or taking off, it's on the riverfront, but there is a wall, so you cannot see the river but the embankment on the other side, nice to walk here but parking would be difficult, they have a lovely open plan kitchen, it's a nice restaurant with large tables, the food is expensive but very good, the dim sum is the best in london! Good service, there is a bar restaurant upstairs with fab views of the river, maybe you can have coffee and puddings there!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This exclusive Chinese restaurant is found in the boutique Hotel Verta. Panoramic views of the river with floor-to-ceiling windows and an outside seating area. The food is exquisite with an extensive range of Dim Sum and seafood options. Look out for the Chinese ‘Fortune Sticks’ which are placed next to a Buddha statue surrounded by candles. Ask the waiter if you can have a go at ‘taking your fortune.’

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have been there a couple of months ago. This was to take advantage of a groupon deal. For the amount I paid I really could not complain although the selection offered on the set menu was very limited. The disk I enjoyed the most was their dumplings.

Wines came at high (ish) price. My biggest concern was the restaurant might lack of identity. I am pretty open-minded, my I struggle to understand why you would have a belly dancer in a Chinese restaurant.