“Shamefully dissapointing”

Price range: US$24 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Took my husband to Hilton Bayswater for his birthday special. I was unfortunate to pick this deal as it was embarrassing and wasted the special 40th birthday. Staff was pleasant but disappeared after serving other guests so we couldn't say goodbye as we left. The sandwiches were empty and looked like they was made by a child, definitely not to a Hilton Hotel standard. I was expecting a better variety as I have tried other venues for afternoon teas which are far more better. The bar was dull and depressing and felt like we was sitting in a hallway. Not very comfy and definitely did not look atall as a sitting area, I thought we would be served in the restaurant. Was not worth the voucher deal I purchased let alone the originate price of their afternoon tea. I was embarrassed that I had even taken my husband for his special day to this hotel. I mentioned to the staff on my booking that it was his 40th. No efforts and just a dull, depressing atmosphere we were greeted to.

1  Thank Ashnmal
There are newer reviews for Aubaine

Reviewed 10 May 2013

dont ever try to book there
rude service and awful food .
the waitress was so not nice to us , even when i was trying to book , he wasnt happy since i bought my wowcher voucher and i wanted to come on friday .

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We got an on line deal for a steak meal and a bottle of wine for twenty something quid at this hotel.We decided to do Kensington Palace and go there afterwards,so i rang them at 9 am last friday to secure a table.
An american sounding lady answered the phone after some time and put me through to the restaurant after i explained what i wanted.The person who answered assured me that they were fully booked that day and indeed all weekend.Fair enough.
So we went to the Palace and then decided just to have a look at the place to see what we had missed and sus it out for another time.
We marched through the front door at 1pm,past a deserted bar and through into an empty restaurant.After a little wait,a lady appeared and when i explained the situation she said,see for your self,we are empty,but i will go and ask if we can honour your voucher today.
She returned,and we were duly accomodated.The food was very acceptable and we departed some 60 minutes later feeling we had had our moneys worth.
However i find it incredible that it was so hard to eat there,it was almost as if the staff were trying to keep us out.Having said that,the waitress was very charming once we got there.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I visited with 4 friends on the first occasion after buying a voucher for high tea. It was excellent value for money. Sandwiches were excellent with very good service. Desserts a bit too sweet for me. The staff wanted to give me a takeaway box for the uneaten cakes which I though was very sweet.

I also visited having got a dinner and bottle of wine with a glass of champagne each for 2 people for £39.99. Excellent value for money. Excellent service.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Cold food awful sausages. Some of the tables are not really made for eating at they were bar tables which are low and uncomfortable for eating