“Two Kiwis”

Price range: US$24 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Breakfast was very well presented with a good variety of choice.
The dinning room was fairly cool.
Evening meal was of good value and well presented. Friendly staff.
Drinks on the expensive side!

There are newer reviews for Aubaine

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Visited this place over the weekend. I read the previous devious and agree with some.
When we called to book a table and told em we had a voucher and were told they were booked for a week, yeah right.
Sunday was available so booked it. It says Hyde park which it is but don't be fooled by thinking its near the Hyde park underground. Next door to the hotel is the Queensway underground on the Central line. We were running late so called them and staff were very friendly and say take ur time.
Got there and place was near enough empty and was taken back by the place. It's very 1990's. If not the 80's. I get the fact that it's called the dining room but just didn't feel right as u think of the Hilton and expect fancy, it wasn't but.....
The waitress asked for our voucher loudly, calm down love! once seated the menu was appealing. We had the voucher and for what we paid it was a top deal. Drinks were not part of the deal so ordered a bottle of white for around £20. Went for the rib eye steak for the main and was lovely.
Their food was great and had no issues with service. Nice staff who although did not interact but could not fault them.
Just the dessert was not the best, the choc fondant was a lil burnt.
Aside from the them of the room, it's a good choice, especially if u gotta voucher deal!

1  Thank PSJ0
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The disaster started when we assumed that Hilton - Hyde Park was on Park Lane ! Unfortunately, the voucher offer didn't make refer to an address, so we initially arrived at the wrong restaurant. However, as we had paid upfront, we decided to go to the correct hotel which is near Queensway Tube Station.

Booking on the phone had already been a 'Faulty Towers' experience, so on arrival it came as no surprise when they declared that had no booking. Big deal - the restaurant was empty!

So we were asked to choose a table. We ordered two G&Ts which took an age to arrive (and later we found that they were £6.75 each!). The food order was eventually taken and 40 mins after our arrival, our starters arrived. Whoops - it was not what we ordered, which is strange, because it must be difficult to mix up orders in an empty restaurant.

While waiting for the main course, we were then subjected to overhearing a very heated argument between members of staff who were oblivious to our presence. So the ambiance rating was now down below zero.

The main course arrived after a further delay. Then our order was taken for dessert followed by another delay. Whoops, one dessert ordered was 'not available' ! Desserts then arrived quite quickly.

Were we offered coffee? No, there was no staff to be seen and we simply wanted to escape as rapidly as possible . We thought we were dining on the Marie Celeste !

Positive comment, other than to say that the quality of the food was absolutely excellent, is impossible.

In summary, 10/10 to the chef - 01/10 to the staff ( one of them did apologise before disappearing half way through our lunch) - minus 05/10 to Hilton Management who need to get a grip and sort this out. Surely it would be better to close the restaurant at lunch time rather than give such an appalling service?

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Looking at the other reviews it wold appear that we were not alone in the service and food we received! Got it on a voucher deal, bottle of wine and two main courses type deal....however, had to go to another table to get our side plates when the bread arrived, then had to send my meal back as there was a 6 inch long black hair in it! Waiter apologised and brought another chicken dish which was very good, but everyone else had finished there meal! Asked at the end what they were going to do about it they knocked off the "service" charge.......as the meal had already been paid for not a lot else I could do, except tell everyone else not to bother!!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Took my husband to Hilton Bayswater for his birthday special. I was unfortunate to pick this deal as it was embarrassing and wasted the special 40th birthday. Staff was pleasant but disappeared after serving other guests so we couldn't say goodbye as we left. The sandwiches were empty and looked like they was made by a child, definitely not to a Hilton Hotel standard. I was expecting a better variety as I have tried other venues for afternoon teas which are far more better. The bar was dull and depressing and felt like we was sitting in a hallway. Not very comfy and definitely did not look atall as a sitting area, I thought we would be served in the restaurant. Was not worth the voucher deal I purchased let alone the originate price of their afternoon tea. I was embarrassed that I had even taken my husband for his special day to this hotel. I mentioned to the staff on my booking that it was his 40th. No efforts and just a dull, depressing atmosphere we were greeted to.

1  Thank Ashnmal