“nice and adorable place in the heart of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W12 Rooms

W12 Rooms
Ranked #34 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“nice and adorable place in the heart of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel one night after reading positive reviews before the booking and absolutely loved the place. Clean, beautifully decorated with a sense of artistic taste the room was big enough for two of us. We stayed in the room 305 and it was just perfect for us. The hotel is situated within the walking distance from one of the biggest shopping center Westfield and just 1 min from the tube station Shepherds Bush. Very convenient if you are on the business trip. There's loadza eating places around so you would not leave hungry for sure. The staff is friendly and I hope they will find my glasses I think I left them behind. The big thing for me when I am travelling is a bathroom and I was satisfied with the one we had got in the room - spacious, clean with good quality utensils. The only downside, there is no lift, so it is not for elderly people or people with disabilities. BUT, overall, good location, excellent service, good price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ilmira2003
Andra25, Front Office Manager at W12 Rooms, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will be happy to have you as guest in our hotel again.

Andra Marin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Beautiful, new and clean hotel, rich outside Shepherds Bush tube station. The room was very small, but this didn't bother me at all if you are used to staying in London hotels. Fresh towels were brought everyday, however, housekeeping never made the bed. The room also included free breakfast next door at the Panini House, however I was only given one voucher and never given vouchers for the remaining three days. It was only continental breakfast, so I didn't bother to go to the desk and mention it. The bed was incredibly comfortable. There is a lot of street noise, but I sleep with earplugs, so that didn't bother me so much. Also, as others have noted. There is no lift, only stairs.
I got a deal on booking.com and I will definitely stay here again when I come back to London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank enzfrnz
Andra25, Front Office Manager at W12 Rooms, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and in regards to the breakfast when you check-in you are given a voucher which is valid for next morning and if you are staying for a longer period you need to come at the reception every morning where new vouchers will be issued for each day.
There is also a choice of continental or English breakfast you just need to mention downstairs what type of breakfast you prefer.
If you decide to come back we will make sure your stay is more enjoyable and will give you all the relevant information needed.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

There are so many good aspects for this venue that in many ways it deserves a much higher rating. Here's why..... Staff were lovely, room was very clean and well kitted out and the under floor-tile heating in the bathroom was amazing. Breakfast was good. Hotel is right next door to Shepherd Bush tube station and a short walk from the Shepherds Bush O2 Empire where we were going to see Howard Jones (which was fabulous too).

However... Breakfast was indeed two doors down from the hotel, in a Panini restaurant. In principle I don't have a problem with this, but I can imagine how irritating it would be having to leave the hotel if the weather was bad just to have some food. I wasn't convinced there was any room service either. If there was, I didn't find any evidence.

The hotel has no lift. We had apparently originally been booked onto the fourth floor - but the staff immediately put us on the second when they realised that I was a "big person" and would struggle with regular trips up and down the steep(ish) and narrow stairs.

The most irritating aspect for me was taking a shower in the morning. There were no instructions anywhere and in addition to the overhead rain shower there was a hand-held additional shower head at waist height. I couldn't figure out how it worked and only managed to get the hand-held bit working. When I finished I then turned the knob fully right to switch it off, but accidentally turned it too far and the rain shower came on..... with freezing cold water that was clearly in the pipe.

For you information..... Top knob turned left activates the lower shower - turned right activates the rain shower. When "in the middle" it's off. The lower knob adjusts the heat.

Many of you might find the instructions above a bit daft - but if you don't have a shower like this I think you'd forgive me for writing this out.

As I said above - great venue for accessing the O2. Would I go again? Yes!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bernie F
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
We will be pleased to have you as our guest in the future and i will make sure that we put clear instructions in how to use the shower.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We have just spent 3 nights at W12 Rooms. The location is fab - just across the road from Shepherds Bush tube station. Our room was a little small but very clean and had good facilities, the only downside is that we were on the fourth floor and there is no lift! This was a bit difficult being pregnant! So make sure you point this out if you book and think you may have difficulty. Breakfast was served next door in the panini house. We did not realise we had the choice of English or continental and just had continental for the first two days until my husband ordered on the final morning and we some how ended up with two English breakfasts! Overall, we had a lovely stay here and thought it was good value for money. We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I am very sorry to find out that you were on the fourth floor if you would of informed us we could of changed the room for you.
We would be delighted to have you as our guest in the future and i will make sure that relevant information will be provided in regards to the breakfast.

Groningen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We (couple, 30 years old) stayed here for three nights. We had the deluxe double room. The room was really very small and narrow, but this corner room had a nice view of the street junction. The bathroom was good and had everything we needed, including a rain shower. The room overall was tidy and very clean. However, price/quality wise I'm not sure if this was the best option. The staff was friendly enough, but very often there was more than one staff just sitting in the very small lobby, which was a bit intimidating sometimes. The location of the hotel is great; literally a stone throw away from Shepherd's Bush underground station and a very short walk away from the huge Westfield shopping mall. The absolute downside of this hotel is the breakfast option. You get a voucher per person that you can hand in at the Panini house, two doors down. This is a standard lunch place/coffee house, without any luxury or welcoming staff (employee was distant and kind of rude) and there are only 2 breakfast options; English or continental. We chose the latter and each got a glass of juice, a coffee or tea, and a giant croissant with some butter and jam. We felt out of place there and not welcome at all, and chose not to have breakfast here for any of the next days we were there. For a hotel of this price you would expect more. So to summarize; this hotel was absolutely fine for as long as we stayed in the room, despite the size of the room. The breakfast option was just really not up to code and should be seriously improved. Staff was fine. Location great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D3US
Andra25, Front Office Manager at W12 Rooms, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for your time in posting a review about our Hotel.
We are happy that you liked our rooms and if you come back we will make sure you will get a bigger size room so that you can enjoy your stay even more.
We will take the time to analyse your complaints about the breakfast restaurant but please also bear in mind that we do not charge for breakfast this is something we offer complimentary.
We are looking forward to see you again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me for any queries.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I stayed for 4 days with my son and daughter. There was 2 double beds (1 sofa bed) in the room but prior to my booking I had requested three single beds, as my son and daughter are 15 and 17 they wouldn't sleep in the same bed as myself. I immediately told the staff at the hotel this and they were very understanding and managed to fit us in a fold out single bed. This was great although the room was extremely cramped with us having to climb over the beds to move around the room which was rather inconvenient seen as there was three of us. The breakfast was nice although not the best in our opinions. The staff were lovely. The rooms were spotless clean. I don't have another bad word about the hotel except the room is not appropriate for a family unless with only one child.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for the time offered to write us a review.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused with the beds we do not have twin beds.
We hope you have enjoyed the rest of your stay and our staff made it more pleasant.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if you want to come back and we will make sure that your stay is more comfortable.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a beautiful place that is very close to the Tube, and less than 700 meters from Westfield Mall. The Hotel was very clean, quiet and decent. Breakfast was 2 doors away at the the Panini coffee Restaurant a very pleasant environment with good food.
In overall the stay was very enjoyable only for the rooms that were really small you could feel it as you move about. The bathroom was very nice clean and with the adequate size.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashraf_Trips
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for spending the time to write a review for us.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and if you come back in the future we will make sure you will get a bigger room.