“Had a lovely stay at Fig Tree”
Review of Fig Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fig Tree House
Ranked #136 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Groblersdal, South Africa
“Had a lovely stay at Fig Tree”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

With a tight budget, I needed a clean, affordable place to stay that is located near the O2 arena. I was really glad that I came across Fig Tree House, it is located very near to Hither Green station and only 20 minutes ride to the O2 arena and also just a few minutes ride to attractions like London Bridge, Waterloo etc. Everyone was very warm and friendly and John, Ruth and Gerry did everything in their power to make things as comfortable as possible. It was really a home away from home for me. I would recommend Fig Tree House to everyone that needs a place to stay in London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Nevers, France
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I needed to find a Bed and Breakfast close to London. How fortunate it was that I selected Fig Tree House out of the many places available. Gerry made the booking so simple and Ruth and John provided information of local shops. Their B & B is close to the railway station. They are a laid-back group and I enjoyed my stay as we had many common interests. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there are no annoying rules and regulations. Having off street parking was a bonus and the CCTV protection. I need to return each year about the same time and have already provisionally booked for 2014. Thanks again guy's.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at Fig Tree House 4 nights and 5 days. I really enjoyed staying here. The hosts made me feel at home. They are so kind, lovely, friendly people. One day, I asked for Ruth if I use a washing machine. She said "Leave them I will laundry them for you" After I got back home from tour, she did laundry and even ironing them. So kind of you, Ruth! I've never got this kind of hospitality at any hotel.
But the only one problem is that WIFI does not work in the room. Well, you can get online in a living room. It's not a serious problem.
I'm willing to recommend you Fig Tree House.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Seon J
GerryWhittaker, General Manager at Fig Tree House, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for the nice words in your review of us. We have now fixed the problem with the Wi-Fi in the single room with a new Router.
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed in the B&B Fig Tree House in September 2013.
Thoroughly loved it a lot with a very convenient location to the local Railway station only three minutes walk away.
Clean rooms, a beautiful dining room, well-equipped bathroom, always fresh food and lots of fruit for breakfast.
Relaxing patio decking area & garden that looks like a little fairy tale.
The hosts are very nice people & very ready to help resolve your issues.

Gladly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Vyacheslav_Chernyakh
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Really enjoyed my 2 week stay from late August to first 11 days of September. Rooms and accomidations were like staying with friends or family. Could come and go as I please and self-catering breafast was as early as I needed. Rail station within 10 minute walk made transportation very easy. I cannot say enough good things about my hosts, very very helpful and pleasant. I'm planning a return vist next year and looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Monte D
So glad you enjoyed your stay so much. But which station did you walk to as our local train station is only 3 minutes walk away? Look forward to seing you next year then.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

A pleasant week was spent during the hot week of July 2013. Ruth & John are the brilliant hosts. A warm welcolme to the peace and tranquility of Hither Green. A comfortable room awaits, the comfort of the beds with quiet that ensues means when your head hits the pillow, peacefull sleep will envelope you into slumberland to behold. If breakfast is your wish, then the use of the kitchen is yours for Continental Style, cereals with milk, toast and the cooking of the home laid eggs. Oh yes, the eggs! Use the garden as you wish, take in the pleasant surroundings that await. The Chicken Run, the pond with fish and frogs. Popoff the cat and his neighbourly friends. Or sit and watch as an evening fox pays a visit as it passes through. We spent many an hour sitting in the garden taking in the solitude with a glass of wine we'd bought locally, listening to the gargling of the pond's fountain. The train station is but minutes away to venture to, Greenwich and London City areas. A Pub is near at hand with conveinance shops, cafes and restauarants. Quite simply, this B&B cannot be match for price, location, hospitality, comfort, free access and peace of mind.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed overnight on 2 consecutive weeks in order to be close by to family in Hither Green.There was off-street parking available, and once I had checked in and collected the keys I was completely free to come and go. Particularly good for me was the self-catering breakfast, because my family commitments necessitated a very early start [babies!] and I was able to use the kitchen much earlier than an average B&B would start serving.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo