“Soft moderna familiar and central”

Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection
Ranked #96 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Soft moderna familiar and central”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

By accident i found this place right on Cromwell rd, a very short walk from the Glouchester rd underground station. The place is very newly refurbished in a very modern and elegant style. Rooms are quite spacious compared to rest of London, and price very attractive. A good restaurant wit a good selection of dishes. Service in all areas were very good

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms seems very good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Baretta_GBG
HotelXenia, Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all of my colleagues I would like to say how pleased we are that you stumbled across and chose to stay at Hotel Xenia recently whilst in London!

We are so grateful for all feedback and are overjoyed with all positive reviews with regards to both our elegant and sophisticated décor and likewise with excellent service provided throughout.

Our newly appointed our Michelin Star Chef Andrea Angeletti and his team really appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you to the restaurant again as do all the team at Hotel Xenia.

Thank you once more for taking the time to express your enjoyable stay and for your tip with regards to our ground floor room which have easy access to the restaurant, lounge and sensual herb garden.

Giacomo Battafarano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
ankara
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Hotel Xenia is a great place to stay with high hospitality in a great neighborhood. Very small rooms as usual in London. Hair dryer is very powerful! Tea, coffee, water complementary. There is a tablet for you in the room. It is newly decorated and very clean.

Gloucester and Earl's court are equally distanced to the hotel. You have to walk a little if you have some luggages. But it is a straight and nice street. Both stations have boots, paul, a few pubs around. There's a sainsbury's closer. Very quite at nights.

Of course not very cheap:) But still it is affordable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank meldao
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Xenia recently whilst you were in London. I would like to express my gratitude for your review of your experience and am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

Situated on Cromwell Road with excellent transport links to Heathrow Airport and tourist attractions including The Natural History Museum, Science Museum, and V&A, Hotel Xenia is most convenient for those staying in London on business or pleasure.

My colleagues and I do hope to welcome you to Hotel Xenia in the near future whatever the occasion.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This well located hotel boasts good transport links...especially convenient for bus link to South Kensington museums and Knightsbridge shops. Excellent housekeeping and friendly staff throughout. However my single room was essentially a narrow corridor with little space to move around...quite claustrophobic in fact. I tried to move room but the staff could not help. There is no bedside table and lighting in the bathroom was poorly positioned, making it difficult to see oneself in the mirror! Bed was comfortable but very narrow corridors outside, with lots of noisy banging doors, made for an uneasy sleep at times.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JimDKL
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Xenia whilst recently staying in London and furthermore, thank you for sharing your feedback. All reviews are appreciated and important to us.

I am pleased to hear that our housekeeping staff were on-hand to you and that you were happy with the services which they provide. I am however sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the size of your single room. I am aware that some of our single classics are on the small side and unfortunately this is due to the layout and design of the Victorian property. We do however strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible, and would have been happy to have moved you to a larger room had there been one available.

We hope to welcome you to Hotel Xenia again in the future, and should you choose to stay with us on your next stay to London, please inform a member of our Reservations Team upon booking that you would prefer one of our more spacious rooms.

On behalf of all at Hotel Xenia, thank you once again for your feedback.

London
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned after a perfect two night stay in this gorgeous hotel!
The location was perfect and only a five minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station.
The reception team were so helpful on check in, check out and during our entire stay.
Our room was lovely, I upgraded us too an executive double room and the size was ideal with lots of little extras, plus even though we were road facing it was incredibly quite!
We also received a fruit platter as it was for my partners birthday which was a lovely touch.
The bar area was gorgeous as were the cocktails, again with perfect service!
I couldn't fault this hotel and I will definitely be returning and recommending it.
Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the team at Hotel Xenia I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are passionate about providing every guest with a memorable experience and the highest level of care and I’m thrilled that your partner and yourself enjoyed their birthday and the spirit of Xenia.

Our Executive Double rooms are great for giving you that extra space and are equipped with added amenities which are useful when travelling or staying away from home.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst visiting London. My colleagues and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Xenia in the future.

Treia, Italy
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was looking for a hotel close to Earls Court, that wasn't too expensive but had a high level of reviews, and came across this hotel. It has been refurbished in the last twelve months, I believe, and was pristine throughout. The food in the restaurant was excellent, and I learned that the chef had previously held a Michelin star for his restaurant in Italy, and the staff were very helpful and pleasant - something which I find a bit of a rarity in London to be honest.
I had a single room, which was on the small side, but it had everything I needed and wasn't so small that I had nowhere to spread out my various bags. I will certainly stay there again if I am in London.

Room Tip: If you are going for more than a couple of days and you are on your own, you might want to see how m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Hotel Xenia. All feedback is gladly welcomed and appreciated.

The property has indeed been refurbished in the past year. Each room has been carefully designed to ensure sheer comfort and convenience for our guests with beautiful handmade furnishings and state of the art tablet in every room.

I have passed on your enjoyment of the restaurant and the food to our Michelin Star Chef Andrea Angeletti and his team and they are delighted that you were able to dine with them during your stay.

Thank you once again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Xenia on your next trip to London.

Warm regards,

Dublin
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel . The location is perfect for anyone who is travelling from heathrow airport and also convenient for central London.

The hotel itself is easy to find , clean , comfortable and modern.
The rooms were small even by London standards .

Cocktail bar is gorgeous and the service was excellent .
I thought breakfast was over priced .

Checkin and checkout were straightforward and staff were lovely

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main road if available as it can be noisy. Breakfast is pricey...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you on behalf of all the team at Hotel Xenia for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Our front desk staff take pride in ensuring that all guests are well cared for from the very start of their stay. I’m pleased to hear that our checking in and out services were prompt and helpful for you and have passed on your positive comments to the staff themselves.

I am sorry to hear your comment with regards to breakfast. We offer an extensive selection of hand made pastries, cakes , and fresh seasonal fruits served with tea, coffee and juices as part of our continental menu. In addition to this, our newly appointed chef, Andrea Angeletti proudly presents his twist on the full English and hot breakfast menu which is priced competitively and accordingly.

Likewise, I am glad you were able to enjoy our fantastic cocktail selection in The Living Wall bar during your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you to Hotel Xenia again in the near future when perhaps you can enjoy the excellent service provided in The Living Wall Bar in it’s wonderful outside terrace!

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This Hotel is a small boutique hotel but is very worthy of its four stars. We were greeted by a doorman who carried our cases to the reception desk and always called for the lift each time we entered the hotel. The reception team were very friendly and sorted any requests out immediately. The room was quite small (not unusual for London) but it was furnished beautifully. The quality of the bed linen, the furniture and fittings were excellent. Towels really thick and changed daily and the complimentary toiletries were L'Occataine. We had continental breakfast as part of the package which was very good with lots of choice..smoked salmon, fresh fruit, pastries, cakes and so much to choose from. We only ate one meal in the restaurant and chose a club sandwich which was delicious. We will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C B
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review about your recent stay with us.

We take immense pleasure in providing the highest possible level of service to all our guests. it is very rewarding to know that you found the staff helpful and welcoming; I am thrilled that they were highly attentive and enormously pleasant,I have passed your great feedback to everyone.

I do hope you will come and see us again soon, in the meantime, thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

Warm regards,