“Wonderful hotel in great location.”

Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection
Ranked #96 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Wonderful hotel in great location.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Hotel Xenia is situated just a short walk to Gloucester tube station which gives easy access to all the London sites! Although our room was small - it was very comfortable, had wonderful nights sleep after our daily adventures. (traveled with my mother-in-law) Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean. The staff was very helpful and extremely welcoming. Enjoyed cocktails in the lounge. Great hotel, would recommend highly!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Hotel Xenia.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was so comfortable and that you had such a wonderful night’s sleep after exploring London. My colleagues and I take great pleasure in ensuring that all guests feel welcomed and comfortable whilst staying away from home.

Furthermore, it’s great to hear you had the chance to enjoy a cocktail or two in the lounge. I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future, perhaps when the sun is shinning and you can enjoy your drinks on the roof with its fantastic views of the city!

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Xenia and thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Giacomo Battafarano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
brumejum
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were checked into a truly terrible liar of a premier hotel called London Premier Kensington ( review to follow once I've recovered) we are in London on business and working very long days, the relief to be back here instead of there I couldn't explains In words, but It felt much much much better.
We were upgraded because they were full, and the room was as lovely as before. Nespresso machine beautifully decorated but most importantly the gloriously comfortable bed and the fabulous duvet. I had a great nights sleep and refreshed after the great shower. I started my hectic day at 6.30am.
I got back this eve at 7pm snoozed on the bed and woke to the tap on the door where the chambermaid offered to turn down the bed ( I refused as I can sort that ! ) but I did eat the two gorgeous tiny macaroons with an apple filling she offered me ( oops one was for my husband )
I stay in hotels for business a lot and we do regularly resort in London to Premier inns as they are consistent. But this is the hotel for me from now on, they are providing superb customer service and the quality of the room is up there with the big hotels, it's not a big room even in the next upgrade but I cannot fault it. I think you know by now I'm impressed!
Watch out for my not impressed review soon.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank hillbillyBrum
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that had such an enjoyable return stay with us at Hotel Xenia.

It is our pleasure to make our guests feel so comfortable and cared for whilst away from home, whether you are staying away on business or pleasure.

We’re delighted to know that we are now your hotel of choice whilst staying in London and on behalf of myself and all my team, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is situated few mins walk away from gloucester road tube station. there are lots of cafe and restaurants near by. The hotel is very new and clean, all the staffs are extremely welcoming and friendly.

The rooms aren't big but it has everything, and it is very cosy. The bed is so soft and lovely, I slept so well during my stay. I loved the shower, it is very big and comfortable with strong water. Drinks at the bar is also very well made with a reasonable price.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay with this hotel, it is quite at a reasonable price for it's location at London standard, I would definitely return again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,
My team and I would like to express how pleased we are to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Hotel Xenia. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your comments mean a lot to us.

It is both my team and my pleasure to ensure that all guests feel welcomed and accommodated during their stay in London. We do have a range of room types available should you require a little extra space on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon when perhaps you can enjoy a drink on the terrace in the sun, should it choose to shine!

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Xenia and for your feedback.

Warm regards,

Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

What a great find this hotel was. Booked through Superbreak but may book direct next time - train tickets were certainly cheaper by booking direct with Virgin Trains. Very friendly and welcoming staff, fabulous (Executive room) with everything we wanted .... and more. Quiet and yet busy judging by the number of people at breakfast. And what a breakfast. We both had full English supplemented by fresh fruit, yoghurt and dates. Quick, friendly checkout. Close to Victoria and Albert, Science and Natural History museums; and to Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Late night Sainsbury's and Waitrose within 5 minutes walk. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Website room descriptions are accurate so use them to choose the type of room you want.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Xenia recently whilst in London and furthermore, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others.

All guest feedback is important to us and shared with all members of the team as a way of constantly monitoring and measuring the high standard of service we provide throughout the hotel. With regards to your future bookings, if you contact us directly, by doing so you are able to take advantage of special promotions such as a discount on breakfast which you will not find elsewhere and other special offer. This is one of the many ways in which we extend an arm of friendship to our guests, as is the spirit of Xenia. It is also very thoughtful of you to have left a Room Tip as part of your review. It is tips like these that our guests tell us they really appreciate reading before they choose to stay with us.

Thank you once again. On behalf of myself and my colleagues, I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you to Hotel Xenia in the near future.

Rhayader, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights over Easter and both my husband and I were extremely impressed. Whilst the room we stayed in was very small, it was fine for us, extremely clean and lovely decor. Staff greeted us upon arrival, we were taken to our room and all staff were very helpful, welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. Breakfast was delicious and we are in the restaurant on one occasion, having the Easter menu, which was divine. The turn down bed service and chocolates were a lovely extra touch to the service provided. Would definitely recommend and stay again. Thank you Hotel Xenia!! :)

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank EmsyLou1987
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent experience at Hotel Xenia. I am pleased to learn that both you and your husband enjoyed your Easter break and that you were so well accommodated by our staff.

I have passed your comments to the chef, with regards to your breakfast and the seasonal Easter menu, who is grateful for your comments and overjoyed you were able to sample his cuisine.
Xenia evolved from the Greek concept of guest-friendship and the bedside chocolates you were gifted as part of our evening turn down service is just one of the ways we like to look after our guests, as we would our friends.

Thank you once more for your review, all guest feedback is truly appreciated.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here on a two night theatre break, the hotel is outstanding the staff are delightful and always have time to chat and help with any questions you may have. The breakfast is fabulous and the choice on both lunchtime and evening menus caters for all tastes, all our meals were cooked to perfection, presented beautifully plus they tasted delicious. All facilities offered are of an exceptionally high standard. The Living Wall Cocktail Bar is very stylish and the perfect place to end your day the cocktail list is fantastic and the gentleman who prepares them is too, he was so polite and nothing was too much trouble, they also looked fabulous and tasted delicious. We have already booked to go back again and cannot wait for our return break. Xenia Hotel is luxurious, stylish, has fabulous food and the staff are also very polite, very approachable, and an absolute delight to chat to, nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alyson S
Dear Alyson,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Xenia on your recent theatre break to London. I am delighted to hear how wonderful your stay with us was. Your comments are truly valued by myself and the whole team.

I have passed your positive feedback to all my colleagues who are very much looking forward to welcoming you again on your next stay. Hopefully the sun will be shining in London when you return and you will be able to enjoy one of our fabulous cocktails on one of our ground floor or roof top terraces!

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Xenia with my husband as part of a Superbreaks Theatre break. We were met at the front of the hotel and our luggage was carried in for us, a very nice welcome! Staff were all polite, courteous and efficient. Our room was small but there was every attention to detail. We went out for the evening and returned to find chocolates left by our bedside and our bathroom towels had been folded away! These little finishing touches made our stay at Xenia such a pleasure and we have been recommending the hotel to all our friends!! Will definately go back to Hotel Xenia on more London trips, we loved it :-)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann G
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Ann,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Xenia on your recent theatre break and furthermore, thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your experience.

I’m so pleased to hear that yourself and your husband had such an enjoyable weekend and that you felt so welcomed and cared for by the team.

Our evening turndown service and bedside treat are just one of the ways we like to show our guests our gratitude for staying with us. Xenia refers to ‘guest-friendship’, and it is so important to us to treat our guests with care and as individuals, as you would treat your friends.

On behalf of myself and all my colleagues, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you again on your next London city break.