“Excellent boutique hotel with 5 star service”

Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection
Ranked #103 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you like to experience ultimate service, very friendly and helpful staff and excellent cuisine, you have to stay in Hotel Xenia!
Rooms were clean and beautiful, quiet. Free Wifi! Handy for tube - Earl's Court station is 5min walk, and has straight access to Heathrow or city center by Picadilly line.
We arrived at 10AM and we were ready to leave baggage and check-in later because usually the check-in time is 2PM. We were positively surprised that they found a room promptly!
Restaurant is very good, breakfast is rich and tasty, dinner was delicious, specially fish.
The staff will make you feel royal in every step.
We had a chance to meet the owner and we experienced very warm kindness from him. We just mentioned about our anniversary during our conversation and next day he surprised us with the shift to Suite. It was very special surprise and we appreciate this miracle a lot:)
Next time we visit London, we definetely try to stay in Xenia.

Room Tip: Petite rooms might be a bit small for couples. Fifth floor has no balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karin A
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dearest Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and commendation.

I am thrilled that you choose to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion, and that you were made to feel so special by all the team. Furthermore I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the exquisite Xenia Suite, the perfect retreat for such a celebration.

Our standard check-in time is from 2pm yet we endeavor to accommodate arriving guests as soon as bedrooms are available, when possible.

High speed, reliable WiFi is complimentary throughout the hotel which many of our guests really appreciate.

Our Chef and his team are also delighted that you took the opportunity to dine at Evoluzione during your stay and that you found your meals to be so delicious!

Thank you once more for choosing Hotel Xenia whilst visiting London to celebrate your anniversary. We are pleased to be a part of the occasion and hope to be able to welcome you for many more special dates.

Giacomo Battafarano

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A lovely hotel with comfortable beds & excellent staff. The rooms are quite small but as we were out all day it wasn't really a problem. If you are a large person the shower could be a squeeze as the cubicle is also small.The only downside was a blocked shower drain that wasn't attended to despite our informing staff on our first morning. Our room faced the busy Cromwell Rd which was a bit noisy traffic wise during the night but we didn't find it a problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GeeBee18

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thought on your recent stay at Hotel Xenia.

Your comments concerning the excellent level of guest care you received whilst staying with us are much appreciated by the team who strive to make every guest feel most comfortable whilst staying away from home.

My deepest apologies for the issue you faced with the blocked shower and furthermore for the lack of response which you received. I can only apologies for this and assure you that this is not reflective of our usually highly responsive approach to all issues raised. I can only apologies for this inconvenience and assure you that this issue will be investigated.

I sincerely hope that my team and I will have the chance to regain your trust in our service delivered and to exceed your expectations based on your previous stay should you choose to stay with us whilst in London in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Giacomo Battafarno

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have read the less complimentary reviews and I think they are a bit harsh. Our room faced the sun so was bright and airy. The bathroom was bright and spotless. Yes the reviewer mentioned cream carpets not a good idea. Yes our room was very small if we were there for a long time or had travelled long haul there would be no room for large suitcases. The small Classic rooms are only suitable for a couple of days. I do think it was a bit pricey for such a small room. No iron too which was a surprise. The hotel staff were extremely nice and eager to please. The hotel bar and foyer modern and funky. One problem was solved immediately which was the kettle boiled over spilling water everywhere we tried less water but still boiled leaving lid open solved the problem until replacement was brought. Sink plug did close so shaved in running water. We are quite laid back people so it was all not such a big deal however I have never stayed in such a small room so unless we get a good deal for a larger room can't see us going back which is a shame

Room Tip: Classic room a bit small go for larger if you are staying more than a couple of days
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. All reviews are welcomed and appreciated by myself and my team.

I am pleased to learn that you found your room to be light and airy and our customer care to be so friendly and professional.

With regards to the issue you raised regarding the carpets, we agreed that after a year of business, it was time for the carpets to be replaced and the entire property is currently undergoing the laying of new carpets throughout.

Disappointingly I learn that you were not completely satisfied with the size of your room. Our Classic rooms are our entry level category and are the smallest room type. We do however have a range of room types, sizes and amenities of which do differ. We always recommend that guests explore all available room types prior to booking, to ensure that they select a room type which will meet all of their needs whilst traveling. Room types, details and rates can all be found on our website, as can our latest deals.

I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you again and to surpass your expectations based on your recent stay.

Kind regards,

Giacomo Battafarno

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Don't often write reviews because I think everyone has different expectations from the accommodation they stay in, however the Xenia was so lovely I felt I had to write something. The hotel is very stylish and contemporary, staff friendly and the rooms extremely comfortable and nicely designed. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The breakfast was delicious (especially the freshly made pancakes by the chef) and a special thank you to Yvonne Charles for her excellent customer service and help with my booking. Best hotel I've stayed in and I'll definitely be back. Just hope it's as nice second time round. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. All feedback is much appreciated both by myself and team and by Trip Advisor users who often tell us how useful they find it to learn of others experiences with us, before booking their own stay.

Guest care is at the heart of Xenia’s spirit and all of the team, from the Reservations Desk to our helpful Porters, strives to make guests feel welcomed and relaxed. I have passed your gratitude to Yvonne, who is grateful for your recognition and is thrilled that your stay was so wonderful.

I have passed your compliments to the Chef, and he’s pleased that you took the opportunity to enjoy our excellent breakfast selection.

Once more, thank you for your positive feedback. I truly hope that my team and I have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future, when I am most confident your stay will be as superb as your last.

My sincere thanks,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have returned here 4 times now with business colleagues, friens, ladies who lunch , my husband and family.

First impressions are the really lovely moderr but warm decor. The floral arrangements are stunning and there are always frwesh apples on the desk.

Reception team, porterage, concierge are very helpful and positive. the restaurant, coffee area and cocktail bar are fabulous and the team are trained and capable, attentive and professional.

Really comfortable beds and pillows and soft bed linen and fluffy white towels.

Food is excvellent and on the recent addition of a michelin star chef the dinningexperience is excellent VFM.
I would only suggest a few more dishes to choose from that are simpler in structure for us fussy ladies.

I loved the home made bread at breakfast, however Kate from Australia loved the fresh pancakes and mushroom omlettes.

The hotel is a walk away from all the museums, 5 minutes from the bustle of EARLS court and Harrods and knightsbridge.

Brilliant place to stay and congratulations to Neil and team for such a well executed business.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may wish to be up a floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresa w

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay, and for choosing to return to Hotel Xenia. It is our pleasure to have been able to welcome you on all return visits.

Our thoughtful and caring team is so pleased that the service you have received in the past has been a factor of your decision to stay with us on multiple occasions.

Chef Andrea Angeletti and his team are also grateful for your comments and are delighted that you had the opportunity to sample the new and adventurous menu. Guest feedback has been taken on board and our menus have recently been refined, offering some more traditional dishes whilst maintaining the excellent use of ingredients and flavours and beautiful execution diners enjoy.

Neil and his team take great pride and pleasure in being at guest’s services. Their concierge knowledge and services are second to none and guests have great confidence in their recommendations and suggestions. Your recognition has been passed on to Neil who highly appreciates your gratitude.

On behalf of my team and I, we would like to thank you sincerely for your comments and for the loyalty shown to Hotel Xenia. We very much look forward to welcoming you again for many more wonderful experiences.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel Xenia is a modern and recent hotel, well located in the heart of London.

From the check in until the check out the service was excellent, the staff is very friendly and polite.

I’ve booked an Executive room and the room was very nice and comfortable with all the space that I needed; I really enjoyed the tablet in the room full of information!

There is a great Italian restaurant very appreciated! I’ve had a fantastic dinner: good appetizer a lovely pasta and an amazing dessert with fruits and mascarpone cream!

The entire hotel, as well as the room, was meticulously clean and shining, something really difficult to find in London!

This hotel will be for sure my choice also for my next stay in this beautiful city!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MtAmbr

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Xenia and for sharing your experience with us.

I am thrilled to hear what great stay you had and that you were so looked after by the team from the point of arrival. Furthermore, I am pleased to learn that you were so happy with your room choice and that you took the opportunity to navigate through the in-room guest directory tablet, filled with useful information about both the hotel services, and the local area.

Our Chef and I are pleased that you had the opportunity to dine at Evoluzione whilst staying with us and that you had such an enjoyable meal.

Additionally, our Housekeeping team is grateful for your praises with regards to the standard of both your room and all public spaces as they are dedicated to maintaining the high standards of the property.

We are so happy to know that we will be your first choice when planning your next trip to London and look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

From the moment we arrived, the experience was second to none, an incredibly warm and friendly hotel. Staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and happy. The surrounding are impeccably kept, while being smart, modern and comfortable. Amazing Hotel, cant wait to have a reason to come back to london for another stay here!
How this isn't a 5 star hotel I don't know, its beautiful

Room Tip: We were in a Standard double, small compact and everything you could need. Even though the hotel is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 734Jen

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments, my team and I are so pleased to have made your stay with us so welcoming.

Care and comfort is at the heart of our service approach, as we strive to make every guest feel so special.

Your feedback has been passed to all of the teams who are delighted to learn that your stay was so wonderful, and are so grateful for you taking the time to pass on your experience.

Likewise, we are looking forward to you having a reason to return, where I am so confident you will be equally as impressed.

Thank you once more. We look forward to seeing you again soon.