“We would stay again and THAT says it all”

Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection
Ranked #98 of 1,090 Hotels in London
The Old Pueblo, Tucson, AZ
“We would stay again and THAT says it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

4 days spent with just the nicest staff and most helpful concierges, which we really appreciated since this was our first time in London. Do not skimp on this service! We used their expertise often and they saved us from much angst.
After this visit we decided (before we had stayed at Hotel Xenia) to try another so booked another. It advertised concierge but there was none and it was difficult maneuvering through an unknown city without this service. I would verify this were I to go to an unknown (to me) location again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor away from the main street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nusk
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience.
I am so pleased to learn that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you took advantage of our excellent Concierge services who take pleasure in assisting Guest’s with their plans prior to and during their stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in London and Concierge look forward to helping ensure that your travels and schedule are smooth and efficient.

Kindest regards,

Giacomo Battafarno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a small but very nicely furnished room. Staff were very efficient and courteous at all times. We probably weren't the most demanding of clients but everything we could possibly ask for, they delivered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StuH77
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay with us earlier this year.

I am delighted that your stay with us was so pleasant and that you were impressed with the efficiency and courtesy of our team. Guest care is amongst our highest priorities and we are pleased to be able to make all Guest’s stays, no matter how demanding so comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I am writing this on the second last night i am staying at this hotel. In general the location is great, food is great and rooms are cosy albeit a bit small. But thats London.
I used the concierge service to organize some balloons for my wife's birthday. All was organized in advanced with Neil (on concierge) to find some nice balloons (there is a party shop nearby on high street ken). Unfortunately it didnt go as plan. The head concierge (Wojciech) was informed and reminded twice and assured me that they will put the balloon in the room. Of course it didnt happen. Big dissapointment. Thankfully Neil - the concierge who was on holiday was hands on after i texted him and he arranged for the balloons to be delivered at the last minute (midnight). Kudos to the excellent service.
On other items - check in was easy and flawless, room service was excellent and the breakfast was marvellous.
I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly but would not recommend using the head butler if you need anything done. Just ask for Neil. A dissapointment in otherwise a great stay indeed.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dr. Mohd. Fazri... A
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on your stay with us.

Firstly may I start by thanking you for choosing to stay with us and furthermore for your wholehearted recommendation to others. I am pleased that despite the hiccup regarding the delivery of the balloon, for which I sincerely apologise, that your stay on the whole was so positive.

I am pleased to learn that albeit late and not when requested that your balloons arrived and that a member of our team when the extra mile to do so.
Furthermore, I’m thrilled that you would wholeheartedly recommend Hotel Xenia to others and would like to take this opportunity to apologies for the error we made with regards to your request and ensure that this is not reflective of our highly commended Guest services, and assure you that on future stays we will endeavour to fulfil all request promptly.

Thank you again for your review, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Xenia in the future.

Best wishes,

Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you like to experience ultimate service, very friendly and helpful staff and excellent cuisine, you have to stay in Hotel Xenia!
Rooms were clean and beautiful, quiet. Free Wifi! Handy for tube - Earl's Court station is 5min walk, and has straight access to Heathrow or city center by Picadilly line.
We arrived at 10AM and we were ready to leave baggage and check-in later because usually the check-in time is 2PM. We were positively surprised that they found a room promptly!
Restaurant is very good, breakfast is rich and tasty, dinner was delicious, specially fish.
The staff will make you feel royal in every step.
We had a chance to meet the owner and we experienced very warm kindness from him. We just mentioned about our anniversary during our conversation and next day he surprised us with the shift to Suite. It was very special surprise and we appreciate this miracle a lot:)
Next time we visit London, we definetely try to stay in Xenia.

Room Tip: Petite rooms might be a bit small for couples. Fifth floor has no balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karin A
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dearest Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and commendation.

I am thrilled that you choose to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion, and that you were made to feel so special by all the team. Furthermore I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the exquisite Xenia Suite, the perfect retreat for such a celebration.

Our standard check-in time is from 2pm yet we endeavor to accommodate arriving guests as soon as bedrooms are available, when possible.

High speed, reliable WiFi is complimentary throughout the hotel which many of our guests really appreciate.

Our Chef and his team are also delighted that you took the opportunity to dine at Evoluzione during your stay and that you found your meals to be so delicious!

Thank you once more for choosing Hotel Xenia whilst visiting London to celebrate your anniversary. We are pleased to be a part of the occasion and hope to be able to welcome you for many more special dates.

Best wishes,

Giacomo Battafarano
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

A lovely hotel with comfortable beds & excellent staff. The rooms are quite small but as we were out all day it wasn't really a problem. If you are a large person the shower could be a squeeze as the cubicle is also small.The only downside was a blocked shower drain that wasn't attended to despite our informing staff on our first morning. Our room faced the busy Cromwell Rd which was a bit noisy traffic wise during the night but we didn't find it a problem.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GeeBee18
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thought on your recent stay at Hotel Xenia.

Your comments concerning the excellent level of guest care you received whilst staying with us are much appreciated by the team who strive to make every guest feel most comfortable whilst staying away from home.

My deepest apologies for the issue you faced with the blocked shower and furthermore for the lack of response which you received. I can only apologies for this and assure you that this is not reflective of our usually highly responsive approach to all issues raised. I can only apologies for this inconvenience and assure you that this issue will be investigated.

I sincerely hope that my team and I will have the chance to regain your trust in our service delivered and to exceed your expectations based on your previous stay should you choose to stay with us whilst in London in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have read the less complimentary reviews and I think they are a bit harsh. Our room faced the sun so was bright and airy. The bathroom was bright and spotless. Yes the reviewer mentioned cream carpets not a good idea. Yes our room was very small if we were there for a long time or had travelled long haul there would be no room for large suitcases. The small Classic rooms are only suitable for a couple of days. I do think it was a bit pricey for such a small room. No iron too which was a surprise. The hotel staff were extremely nice and eager to please. The hotel bar and foyer modern and funky. One problem was solved immediately which was the kettle boiled over spilling water everywhere we tried less water but still boiled leaving lid open solved the problem until replacement was brought. Sink plug did close so shaved in running water. We are quite laid back people so it was all not such a big deal however I have never stayed in such a small room so unless we get a good deal for a larger room can't see us going back which is a shame

Room Tip: Classic room a bit small go for larger if you are staying more than a couple of days
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. All reviews are welcomed and appreciated by myself and my team.

I am pleased to learn that you found your room to be light and airy and our customer care to be so friendly and professional.

With regards to the issue you raised regarding the carpets, we agreed that after a year of business, it was time for the carpets to be replaced and the entire property is currently undergoing the laying of new carpets throughout.

Disappointingly I learn that you were not completely satisfied with the size of your room. Our Classic rooms are our entry level category and are the smallest room type. We do however have a range of room types, sizes and amenities of which do differ. We always recommend that guests explore all available room types prior to booking, to ensure that they select a room type which will meet all of their needs whilst traveling. Room types, details and rates can all be found on our website, as can our latest deals.

I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you again and to surpass your expectations based on your recent stay.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Don't often write reviews because I think everyone has different expectations from the accommodation they stay in, however the Xenia was so lovely I felt I had to write something. The hotel is very stylish and contemporary, staff friendly and the rooms extremely comfortable and nicely designed. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The breakfast was delicious (especially the freshly made pancakes by the chef) and a special thank you to Yvonne Charles for her excellent customer service and help with my booking. Best hotel I've stayed in and I'll definitely be back. Just hope it's as nice second time round. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. All feedback is much appreciated both by myself and team and by Trip Advisor users who often tell us how useful they find it to learn of others experiences with us, before booking their own stay.

Guest care is at the heart of Xenia’s spirit and all of the team, from the Reservations Desk to our helpful Porters, strives to make guests feel welcomed and relaxed. I have passed your gratitude to Yvonne, who is grateful for your recognition and is thrilled that your stay was so wonderful.

I have passed your compliments to the Chef, and he’s pleased that you took the opportunity to enjoy our excellent breakfast selection.

Once more, thank you for your positive feedback. I truly hope that my team and I have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future, when I am most confident your stay will be as superb as your last.

My sincere thanks,