“Value for money”

Travelodge London Vauxhall Hotel
Ranked #290 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Good location and value for money. Nearby a tube station, bus station, supermarkets, starbucks, pret a manger. The shower area is small as most of european hotels. You can walk to london eye, big ben and others places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Giordani_Lopes
There are newer reviews for Travelodge London Vauxhall Hotel

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Hotel ideally situated by Vauxhall Stn and the bus station, so traveling into the West End is easy and of course as a UK Senior, free busses!! We stayed here as we knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel. It was clean, tidy, staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was buffet style, plenty of choice. Lounge/bar area if you wanted to use that facility.

Room Tip: We were given a family room which gave extra floor space, worth asking for.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here Monday-Friday as I was on a course just down the road, this was the main reason why I booked this hotel. I paid a ridiculous price of £442 for 4 nights, as they constantly advertise £29 per night all over their websites I felt cheated. I had stayed the previous week at heathrow terminal 5 Travelodge and travelling to my place of study in Vauxhall took 2-3 hours, so I decided I would pay the extra to stay in this one, but had no idea it would be as high as £100 per night
The staff seem like they could not care, for example I waited at the bar for a few minutes to order food as the staff were no where in site, and when arriving no apology for keeping me waiting, no warming attitude, and when checking in you expect a smiling face and helpful information on the hotel, I was given none of that, and so all I wanted to do was go upstairs and enjoy my room and simply not look at their moody faces.
Rooms are beautifully decorated, very nice feel as you walk in, the hotel is quiet, the beds are comfortable and clean, dust free, I requested a bath one week before checking in and this was given to me!
I did also ask for a highlighter pen to help me study and there was one helpful lovely woman, who seemed to be a manger due to her outfit.
Very disappointed with the value for money and customer service

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spent two nights here to attend Flower Show. Was wary about the location due to historic knowledge but the area is buzzing and being regenerated. It was simple to access from King's Cross via the Victoria Line, with the underground station being just outside the Travelodge. We had a room to the rear and it must have been one of the quietest Travelodge rooms in the country! Will definitely stay here again if visiting London. Only negative was a fixed unit window that did not open but there was air con.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AilsaPerth_Scotland
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have just returned from this Travelodge,check-in was very good our room was on the 3rd floor clean and comfortable.Breakfast excellent everything was replenished bacon,eggs,sausage,baked beans and tomatoes.Location is great and there is a sainsburys on the door step.Would certainly return to this Travelodge.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Positives
Clean, location, price (for London) and breakfast
Negatives
We arrived at 2 and check-in was at 2.30 so we asked if we could leave suitcases and check in a little later the answer was no you can leave them when you check out, so we waited for 1/2hr. The room we was given was a family room my daughter had booked a twin, we went to the room thinking it may be suitable but it wasn't also the bins hadn’t been emptied and there was a wet towel in the bathroom.
My daughter went back to reception and we were moved. The room we was given had accessible (disabled) facilities. We decided to stayed but the problems we had was a very very slippy floor where the shower is and you couldn’t use the sink very well. Other reviews say about the noise, yes I was woken up by other guests walking around and I am not a light sleeper.
We decided to check-out after breakfast there was no one at the reception there was a notice to ring the find button, we rang that button for what seemed a long time eventually I went around to the bar and there was a member of staff I asked if there was anyone on reception and someone came, we asked if we could leave our suitcases and collect them later. The receptionist was very sharp to the point of being rude. She said the hotel doesn’t have the facility to leave luggage but if we made a donation in the charity box she would let us leave them?????????

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here last December during the christmas period. We wanted somewhere to stay that was central to everywhere we wanted to go and this hotel was PERFECT!!
This is by far the nicest Travelodge I've ever stayed in. The hotel is situated across the road from the train/tube station & there is a busy main road opposite the hotel but I can honestly say I didn't hear any noise during my stay.

If you take a little walk over Vauxhall bridge you can also see the London Eye :) - Great value for money too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple