“Great value near Vauxhall bridge”

Travelodge London Vauxhall Hotel
Ranked #291 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Vauxhall travelodge was overall good - good value, clean comfortable rooms, an excellent breakfast and most importantly, pleasant and helpful staff. This was a research trip and the price means I can afford to come to London more frequently than I'd thought.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Travelodge London Vauxhall Hotel

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just spent a week with the family in this surprisingly excellent accomodation. Room was on first floor. Double and two single beds. Room service and fresh towels daily. Tea, coffee and milk replaced in room daily. Excellent all you can eat breakfast each day and the kids eat free. Excellent location. Vauxhall underground and mainline outside. Bus stop also. Despite this no noise disturbance whatsoever. Waitrose, Sainsburys and Tesco nearby.Friendly and helpful staff. Just over £400 for the four of us for a weeks stay in August with breakfast included. Didnt have high expectations and all we really wanted was a base as we would be out every day but it was a pleasure to return every evening. Thankyou Vauxhall Travelodge for a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August.
We arrived at the hotel and were able to check in at 2.30pm thanks to Steve!
Our room was big, we had a double room and it was a perfect size for the both of us. We had a shower, no bath tube but this wasn't a problem. The room was clean and well furnished.
When checking in Steve advised us if we need anything like towels, hair dyer etc that these were available from reception. On our second night we got these and some extra tea and coffee free of charge :)
Vauxhall underground station is a 2 min walk from the hotel. We stayed at the hotel as we were going to a gig in Brixton Academy which was 5 mins on the underground.
The hotel is across from a busy bus stop but we had no issues with noise and we faced the front.
I had read reviews on trip advisor that the travel lodge had no luggage storage but I thought I would ask anyway. Steve managed to store of luggage without any issues :) Steve always provided us with excellent customer service and always greeted us with a smile and a few jokes (not sure if he understood my broad Scottish accent at times) but it's little things like lovely staff that make your holiday that little more enjoyable :)
I only have one fault about the hotel. The day we were leaving we didn't leave the hotel til around 11ish during that time a cleaner walked in the room when we were getting ready, she apologised and left and we locked the door. About half an hour later the cleaners came back and tried to open the door with a key card 6 times I answered the door and advised we were still in the room and put the do not disturb sign up. Again half an hour after that it happened again and the women stood outside the room talking very loudly when we left the room they weren't there.
I'd stay at this travel lodge again, great location!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Excellent location, literally under a minute walk to Underground. I had read other reviews on how little noice was heard from the nearby trains, but was still surprised how little I was disturbed by the trains even though I had a view of the platform from my room window. Room was small, but comfortable - great value for money. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The WIFI was bad though, slow speed and even browsing felt slow. Being restricted to one device was bad when you're travelling as a couple and don't want to pay double for it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gunnaroi
Reviewed 8 August 2014

While the rooms are very basic you have e everything you require for a city break ,unsuite facilities, tea and coffee making facilities, king size very comfortable. For me the biggest plus is that it was very clean , bedding and towels changed daily . The staff were very polite friendly and helpful. I would stay here again easy access for where ever you want to go.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back overlooking the railway line , it was very peaceful you could not hear the...
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were really impressed with this Travelodge. It was very easy to get to and despite being near the bus and train station it was silent inside the room. It is maintained to a high standard and very clean. Checkout was quick and straight forward. Staff friendly. We would definitely check availability for this hotel next time we are in London.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I chose to stay at this Travelodge as myself and my boyfriend were going to a gig in Brixton and found that it was conveniently located to nearby tube stations. Upon arrival, I found that this hotel was directly outside Vauxhall tube station and as I rarely travel to London, I found this to be very helpful.
The room we stayed in was average sized, however it was clean and quiet despite our room being directly opposite Vauxhall train station. The bed was a decent size and I found it to be very comfortable.
Overall, I would stay at this Travelodge again due to it's location and convenience.

• Stayed: August 2014