“Cocktails only...........”

Dining options: Reservations
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Cocktails only...........”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Did not have food but sampled many cocktails and at £5 per cocktail from their signature many they are very good vale and a god selection.
The service fast and friendly and made to feel welcome
Great spot to seat and enjoy and nice sunny day

• Visited August 2013

Dover, United Kingdom
“Lacklustre and very disappointing”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Got into Canary Wharf around 8:30pm and looked for a dinner spot in West India Quay. None of the restaurants along the quay inspired us but we chose Browns as it looked vibrant for a Sunday night, and it was.
We were given a choice of tables and the waiter was friendly. We got our drinks promptly and our shared starter arrived very quickly. It was seared tuna, which was well presented although if I was picky, I would say the accompanying pickled veg & fruit was a little overpowering for the fish. However all good to this point. We had both ordered burgers, even though I was reluctant to pay that much for a burger.
We then waited for an age for our mains to arrive - 2 burgers! - in a far from packed large restaurant. When they did arrive, my fries were barely warm. It's all about getting the small things right and it will create the right impression. Hot fries are basic. The next basic is the burger bun - it was hard to cut and tasted like cardboard. The supposed star was the Iberico Pig burger which was less than inspiring, making me wish I had chosen something else. Burger & fries done well is a winner - see GBK - but delivered poorly, it raises so many questions about a restaurant. Then when they charge you £15, you definitely feel short-changed.
In the spirit of full disclosure, my wife enjoyed her chorizo burger!
The long wait and the disappointing result killed it for me. Total price including wine at £20.50 and 10% tip was £64...

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Typical great Browns quality in a superb setting”
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Being a Browns fan this was my first visit to the West India Quay restaurant and I was not disappointed.
A great premise to eat in with good food and atmosphere. Not a huge choice but still plenty of variety for each course.
Good value including the drinks. Already planned my next visit for July.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and ambiance”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Met some friends for lunch at Browns (Old Jewry) near Cheapside, London, lovely atmosphere and beautifully decorated and clean. As we are all vegetarian we asked for a selection of vegetable side dishes as well as humous and other delights, it was absolutely lovely. The staff were sweet and patient and allowed us a few samples of wine, as we could not make up our minds which one to choose, going back next week with some moe friends.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Browns Restaurant? Share your experiences!