“Delicious tender chicken!”

Cuisines: European, Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I've always been a big chicken fan (Nandos is one of my favourite cheap eats). When I stumbled across this little eatery in Soho I thought why not give it a try. This is a rotisserie restaurant, so I ordered the chicken, naturally. I also ordered a side salad whose name I can't remember. We also ordered chicken wings and halloumi to start. The chicken wings were some of the best I've ever had, succulent, tender, dare I say better than Nandos. The halloumi was cooked perfectly. I was beginning to wonder why i hadn't been here before! The main of chicken and salad was equally delicious. Rotisserie chicken can be dry but this one was really juicy. As the sister restaurant of Soho Joe it's another hidden gem, where quality and price are on full show. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank nathan_levi
There are newer reviews for Cookhouse Joe

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This place is amazing: delicious food, great value and a lovely relaxed atmosphere. AND cheap prosecco - what more could you want? I highly recommend the halloumi and the corn - so good. Perfect venue for a giggly dinner with mates.

2  Thank Lizzie B
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Firstly I'd like to say that there should be a 'good' option between 'average' and 'very good'. Not having this option I have opted for 'Average'. Did not choose 'Very Good' simply because, having been there many times, I have found the quality of the food (half chicken) had decreased. I feel, the quality of the food was better when the place just opened. The value is pretty good I must say. You get half a chicken with chips (they could be better - very oily) with corn for only 6 pounds. A bottle of Becks its only 3pounds, not too bad for Soho. Good value for money for sure.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Fantastic food, menu so good we couldnt chose so we went for the tasting menu. Brilliant idea! So much food, very reasonably priced - but the best thing; it was DELICIOUS. My new favourite place to eat in London.

2  Thank Kimberlee R
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Cookhouse Joe was a fantastic joint full of feeling and good eating. The tasting menu was spot on and the chefs were happy to pimp it up according to our wishes. Brilliant! Like I said the food was awesome but what really made our day was the cozy feeling, nice interior and the awesome staff! The waitress and even the owner were more than happy to fulfill our every single wish. You could see the owner and the staff were in a rush but they still had time to joke around with our group every change they got. Awesome food, awesome people! Check it out!

4  Thank Gasman140