“NEVER order the warm food!”

Sushi Express Clapham Junction
Ranked #16,994 of 23,015 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“NEVER order the warm food!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Hi. Let me start by saying, I love this place for the sushi. It tastes fresh (for London, and for the price) and you get a decent sized portion. There's pretty much nowhere else in the world I would go for sushi next to a train station as grotty as clapham junction (luckily they've moved). BUT, today I didn't feel like sushi. Today I felt like their prawn tempura (which is good if a tad oily) and chicken teriyaki with plain rice.
Big mistake. The chicken teriyaki, which is described as 'sticky' on the menu - was dead-people-hued tepid bits of offal with a kind of grey 'juice' puddle at the bottom of the container. It had the stink of a particularly anxious abattoir. I nibbled the corner of a more rosy 'piece' and immediately spat it back up. I am not a fussy eater and I would eat chicken's feet if I needed a little protein. But this teriyaki was straight out of a depressingly dark Scandinavian crime drama. It was not something you would want to put into your own guts. I have uploaded photos so you can judge for yourself.
The tempura prawns were good, but I was in the mood for a big lunch and now I'm left with soy sauce stained plain rice. Which on the plus side they put sesame seeds in, so its not all doom and gloom I guess.
But yeah, stick to the SUSHI. And stay away from any of the warm dishes.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Mackenzie F

London
“They have moved now ”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Great halal sushi and not in that seedy crack house location anymore. They are now more central or you can order online, which is cool because u get freebies. Really good selection of food .

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very bad, poor quality food, very slow delivery service with no apology, confrontational on the phone and unpleasant

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Pop G
London, England, United Kingdom
“2 hours wait”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

2 hours waiting for food......unreal!!!. Not worth wait. Hungry and unhappy customer. Would never use again.

• Visited April 2014
Crete, Greece
“Appalling”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We just ordered a lunch delivery. It took 2 hours to arrive - no apology, and quality was dire. A colleague had raw chicken. I ordered katsu and it had only 3 prawns in it. Food luke warm. Seriously not a good word to say about any of it.

• Visited February 2014