“Please sir, can I have some more?”

The Conservatory at The Chesterfield Mayfair
Reserve with OpenTable
The Conservatory at The Chesterfield Mayfair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,388 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Please sir, can I have some more?”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went for afternoon tea for my sister's birthday, and had an amazing time. Although it is at the more expensive end for afternoon tea (still significantly cheaper than the real top tier, such as Claridges) it is actually good value for money. It's basically a very classy eat all you can buffet, as you can ask for more of anything - sandwiches, scones, cakes, tea, coffee, hot chocolate. The staff are also very keen to get you more, persuading you to try to fit in that extra confection or try a different flavour tea. The best bit is, anything you don't manage to consume on the premises, they package up for you to take home! We stayed for around 4 hours, and managed to put away a most impressive amount. The staff are super friendly and the food quality as good as you expect for a high quality hotel. It's a relatively small venue, which adds to the "personal touch" atmosphere, but I would advise booking ahead. I really can't recommend this place enough for a really memorable special occasion.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“A very happy 60th birthday celebration”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Having already visited the Chesterfield hotel last August with a friend, it was without a doubt one of the best places that I've visited for afternoon tea. On the last visit which was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory style tea, I received a golden ticket that could be redeemed by the end of May. By bringing this along to the next afternoon tea, we were entitled to use the ticket and receive a suprise.
My boyfirend and I thought this could be a nice touch for his mums 60th birthday so therefore went ahead and booked it. Now, having been here before you can only hope that you will receive the same good levels of service second time round. This was indeed the case. The staff had been advised that we were celebrating a 60th birthday and sat us in a nice location within the conservatory. They really made us all welcome and gave special attention to the birthday girl!!
The afternoon tea itself, was again delicious and we were offered second helpings if we wished. Despite having a sweet tooth, there is something about the sandwiches that is so delicious so we had another round of those. We also had some champagine. For the class of hotel that it is, I think that the price is reasonable. It was £34.50 for the afternoon tea and just over £5 more with Champagne.
The afternoon was relaxing, and we were not rushed in anyway whatsoever. The staff sang happy birthday and it was very nice of Antonio to thank us for coming to celebrate Jean's 60th with them. What a lovely thing to say- something you rarely hear, but was most appreciated by all of us.
Of course, we were hoping that Jean would open the golden ticket and win a magnum of champagne- no such luck. However a prize of a discounted afternoon tea was still a lovely touch. The ambience was very calming and there was a pianist playing wich added to experience.
It was pleasing to go back and receive such wonderful service and I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant for a special afternoon tea where you are made to feel so welcome!

• Visited May 2014
Penn Valley, California
“Elegant, but fun--thanks to the staff!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a beautiful place. You will want your picture taken here! The tea service is really excellent and so hearty that we decided to skip dinner. It was hard staying in "The Now" when the whole time I kept thinking of all the return visits I would like to make with family and friends. I have had tea in Victoria, BC, Venice, and other London hotels but nothing as friendly and fun as this one. I highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free Afternoon Tea - DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I took my mum to The Chesterfield Mayfair for her birthday with my boyfriend and I must say it was fantastic! I am Gluten free therefore received my own selection of sandwiches and cakes. We tried so many teas and the staff were amazing. At the end they even surprised my mum with a happy birthday treat and all came to give her their wishes. She was over the moon.

The Gluten free sandwiches were so tasty and they made such an effort making all the pastries similar to the non gluten free. All in all LOVED IT. Thank you for an amazing experience.

• Visited May 2014
Surrey
“Warm and friendly Afternoon Tea Experience”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have enjoyed several 'Afternoon Tea' experiences in central London, most in larger hotels.
The Chesterfield Hotel is tucked away in Mayfair in a quiet street. We were warmly welcomed by the Doorman, a Manager inside the Reception area and then in the tea room itself. The tables are set on two levels, including a conservatory /outside area. A nice quite, ambient room with gentle music in the background.

All staff attending to us were most professional, definitely well trained and nothing was too much trouble. They are a member of the English Teamakers' Guild and the food was quite lovely and replenished as we required. Good value for money.

Each hotel has its' own uniqueness but we loved the warm and friendly environment of this tucked away hotel. Thank you.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Holidaymaker01

Been to The Conservatory at The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!