“London-Brighton Day Ride”

Redspokes UK Cycling Day Rides
Ranked #110 of 211 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Redspokes London to Brighton bike ride (an alternative route to the British Heart Foundation) takes place in May and September. Cycle along quiet roads and tracks that take us through the beautiful countryside of Surrey and Sussex.We provide lunch, guides, a map and a bike mechanic. You’ll meet fellow cyclists, with a good mixture of people who fancy joining fellow cyclists for a social ride.
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I can thoroughly recommend the Red Spokes one-day ride London-Brighton. Really good fun, stunning route, great backup support and plenty of refreshments. I really enjoyed meeting people - everyone was hugely friendly - and I am now considering a longer ride with Red Spokes. It's a brilliant way to get up to a bit of distance riding if you are not so used to it. Be prepared for a couple of tough hills. But the rides back down are always worth the effort. And what could be better than a seafront drink at the end of a day. Perfect.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Each year the Redspokes London to Brighton ride gets better and better! From small beginnings with a handful of enthusiasts it is now enjoyed by a large cross-section of cyclists who enjoy a challenging ride through beautiful and sometimes remote countryside. The organisation, support and encouragement from Dermot and the Redspokes team was superb!

1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 2 July 2013

"I am back home in Australia now and it’s like I have never been away, which is a feeling I am sure everyone suffers from. I would just like to complement you all on the London to Brighton ride. I found it a most enjoyable day and I am glad the sun came out for all of us. The route taken was fantastic as you would probably never see the beautiful countryside from the inside of a car. It was also nice to get a bunch of like-minded people together from all walks of life, to have a ride and as well as a chat. While talking to a group of ladies at the finish about your Laos trip they sold me on the overall experience, I have earmarked some time for next year so I look forward to possibly seeing you all again in the near future."

1  Thank gary m
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The event was well run, complete with first aider, cycle mechanic, route marshals and plenty of food. Snacks and energy drinks were always on hand during the breaks and sandwiches at lunch. The route taken was very scenic with some spectacular scenery on the off-road sections and even the road sections were planned well to avoid major roads. You really get a sense of achievement at the end when you see Brighton in the distance and cycle down the hill finally to the pier. It is very rewarding. The pace naturally forms into slow, medium and faster groups so would suit all ability levels. I had never cycled more than 18 miles before so if I can do it anyone can. I would highly recommend this trip.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've done the Redspokes London - Brighton a few times now: always friendly, professional and fun... taking in some great countryside (including a nice pub for lunch!) and finishing off with some social drinks on the seafront. Just the right balance of riding (5-6hrs) and well timed breaks makes it a reat day out everytime !

1  Thank AndyTimms