“SHOCKING!!!”
Review of Pure Cocktail BAr - CLOSED

Pure Cocktail BAr
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had this KGB Voucher deal which entitled me and a friend for 8 cocktails. I invited a friend of mine to London that day to have a good catch up. I asked him to meet me outside Pure Bar at 3:45pm. When we got to there the bar was closed. I was quite embarrassed in front of my friend as he had travelled from Brighton to see me. I checked the voucher again to see the opening times and it said open 7 days a week 3pm till 12am. We waited for another hour and it was still closed. We asked the next door Lebanese restaurant what time does the bar open and they said sometimes 8 or 9pm. I was shocked as this is false and illegal advertising. What was suppose to be a cheap day to catch up with my friend turned up to be a very expensive one. My friend had to catch a train back at 8pm. I even called at 7:15 and they were still closed as no one answered. SHOCKING!!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Went here on a Friday evening 31st May around 8pm with a KGB voucher 8 cocktails between 2 persons for £10 - an offer that good could seriously not be passed up (even if I hadn't ventured into this end of London in many years...reminders of misspent youth and all that;) and the promo video advertising the bar on the KGB site was very enticing!

After an initial dispute with the owner with regards to not having printed out the voucher (I had actually agreed by mail to have it on my app...non the less) my friend and I looked for a seat.

Though they had what looked like a very comfortable large Chesterfield brown leather sofa in what looked like the "sultry" back lounge room of the bar, there was no one else back there so we choose to be up front where it was busier and one of the bar guys moved 2 bar stools on to the back wall conveniently within arms reach of the bar.

From a choice of 6 cocktails we had 4 each comprising of Mojitos, Long Island Iced Tea and several Cosmopolitians.

Thinking at this deal the drinks would be watered down I was pleasantly surprised that they were made quite well!

The manager also turned out to be quite a nice and friendly guy (after our initial dispute) and all in all we had a pleasant evening.

It was not so busy on the night we went but am assuming as its a new bar that it still has to find its place in the surrounding busy area of bars and nightlife (it's situated 2 mins walk from Mornington Crescent station on the southern end of Camden High Road)
The bar itself has a lot of potential in terms of atmosphere and setting (think dark wood, large mirrors, relaxed back room with comfy sofas, pictures etc). It has a dark moody "speakeasy" kind of setting, seating space in the front with tables and bars and a more relaxed "lounge" area at the back area (on the aforementioned sofa(s) which could really enhance the atmosphere if the place was full.

Only down side is there is one toilet and its unisex, and with a full bar this could be a potential problem (its a nice toilet though)

Definitely worth giving it a try especially as I have seen more deals on offer (not as many cocktails but with an added snack platter...which I can't comment on as never tried...why waste good drinking space;)

All in all had a good night of catch up over cocktails which was even worth me leaving a tip on top of the voucher (& I don't leave tips freely)

Would go again.