“Good atmosphere and lovely food but not worth the price”
Review of Tanner and Co

Tanner and Co
Ranked #3,738 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Welcome to Tanner & Co - a restaurant, bar and warehouse events venue located in Bermondsey, South London. Swing by for early breakfasts and pick-me-up coffees. Settle in for bottomless brunch, or hard-earned lunch breaks. Savour ‘just because’ date-night dinners, complete with artisanal wines, or get together with friends over bespoke cocktails.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere and lovely food but not worth the price”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

After having read the recent reviews I'd say that I'd have to agree that this place, although an awesome atmosphere, is not worth the prices they charge. We came here for lunch and I'll disagree with the poor comments on the food as ours was very pleasant (though I will say, if you're going to ask how I like my burger cooked, make sure you're actually capable of serving it anything but well done). The only thing to let it down was the service I feel, they were very slow and towards the end of the meal forgot about us completely.

The whole menu is very pricey, as are drinks and though I had a nice time, I probably wouldn't come back again as there are better places near by that don't charge you through the nose and if they do, you actually get what you pay for.

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Love the Friday atmosphere ”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Been to Tanner and Co couple of times before, never let me down! I took 3 friends there on Friday night, the atmosphere was fantastic. The main part of the building got really busy, so I asked the staff if there was anywhere we can sit, Staff was really friendly and helpful, I can tell he was really busy but nothing was too much for him! He took us to the back room and got us a table. It was very busy there too but we managed to play some table tennis. We love the selection of wine and the cocktails, particularly the Cabernet Sauvignon, we had 3 bottles between us and lots of Jamaica house Punch! I will definitely visit This place again! Friendly staff with a great atmosphere, it's truly 'the place to be'!

Sarzana, Italy
“Boom!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I deserve pub like this: very good choice of whiskeys and gins. Not bad the fresh made burger with “sweet” bread. We spent there the entire evening and we were very satisfied. Waiter are really funny and smart: they can understand your wish and (leaving your credit card at the desk) you can have everything you wish. Be back for sure when I’ll stay in that area.

• Visited March 2014
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I hate giving bad reviews but here goes…

It looks fun inside - busy bar with a great atmosphere, large tables filled with big plates of food and lots of staff whizzing around. The menu options are mouthwatering but the reality is disappointing. We ordered the chicken, bacon and pumpkin salad, which may not excite most people but we thought it sounded good. It wasn't good. A dry slice of chicken with two rashers of limp bacon on either side and some token pumpkin chunks sat sadly over lettuce. The burger that sounds delicious on the menu and looks pretty good in reality was very average - there are far better burgers in London. I wouldn't bother eating here when Bermondsey Street has so much more to offer - I've pretty much eaten everywhere on this road and would recommend them all over this one.

• Visited March 2014
“Interesting restaurant”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Food is of a very good standard for brunch/lunch, service a bit slow but prices are reasonable. There something wrong with the atmosphere here?? .

Visited March 2014