“Baffled in Bermondsey!”

Ranked #4,076 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Welcome to Tanner & Co - a restaurant, bar and warehouse events venue located in Bermondsey, South London. Swing by for early breakfasts and pick-me-up coffees. Settle in for bottomless brunch, or hard-earned lunch breaks. Savour ‘just because’ date-night dinners, complete with artisanal wines, or get together with friends over bespoke cocktails.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am not sure what this rather quirky place is trying to be. Not British for sure, as it serves no real ale. Lager only on tap, and the only other beers seemed to be US bottled imports. What's that about?? We didn't want a full lunch, so ordered the meat platter. Plenty of meat for two, and very tasty, served with gherkins and insufficient bread. We asked for more, which seemed to take an age to arrive, but was not charged for. The place is huge, and was not busy on a bank holiday Monday lunch, which somewhat surprised us. I cannot comment on any of the other food available, though we did see one guy drinking his soup from what looked like an enamel mug!! Is someone trying to be original or what? Meat platter and two small bottles of beer: Total bill £28.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was a great place to enjoy a meal in a very interesting atmosphere.
The service was attentive and quick. We were presented with a bottle of water (no charge) almost as soon as we sat down.
The surroundings are reminiscent of an old school gym, with wooden tables and thick climbing ropes, hanging from the ceiling. A triumph of design, creating a unique atmosphere.
The food was delicious, rib eye steak, cooked just as requested and a burger that may need Sherpas to reach it's summit!
We loved our food and the whole experience.
We'd certainly rerun and recommend to others.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was a great place to have a quiet unit erupted lunch where matters of confidentiality were not ear wigged by eves dropping banquette neighbours or hovering staff!!
Loved the old school gymnasium style interior - brought back so many memories!!
We were the first through the door and the staff were on point, smiling and very welcoming, showing us to a corner banquette
The bar was prepped and ready; our servers were attentive
Chef was geared to take orders our servers were knowledgeable, and offered excellent advice on which beer beer to choose from their discerning collection
My business associate was highly impressed with Tanner and Co's original lemonade !!
We chose the meat and fish sharing boards - ideal for an informal working lunch - such a wide variety
All fresh, no limp lettuce and portion size price appropriate
Both boards carried a wide and via red selection of smoked fish, salmon, prawn, pates cured meats toasted artisan bread and pickles and sauces - loved the simplicity of presentation, tiny Kilner jars for pickles, (thank goodness no jam jars to drink from - (so passé )
Dessert was a good old fashioned lemon posset - light refreshing and came with a big smile
Hope the other diners will write a similar report
Looking at the lunch time menu, I'll definitely return
All in all well worth spending £64 on lunch for 2 with drinks smile and excellent service

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After having read the recent reviews I'd say that I'd have to agree that this place, although an awesome atmosphere, is not worth the prices they charge. We came here for lunch and I'll disagree with the poor comments on the food as ours was very pleasant (though I will say, if you're going to ask how I like my burger cooked, make sure you're actually capable of serving it anything but well done). The only thing to let it down was the service I feel, they were very slow and towards the end of the meal forgot about us completely.

The whole menu is very pricey, as are drinks and though I had a nice time, I probably wouldn't come back again as there are better places near by that don't charge you through the nose and if they do, you actually get what you pay for.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Been to Tanner and Co couple of times before, never let me down! I took 3 friends there on Friday night, the atmosphere was fantastic. The main part of the building got really busy, so I asked the staff if there was anywhere we can sit, Staff was really friendly and helpful, I can tell he was really busy but nothing was too much for him! He took us to the back room and got us a table. It was very busy there too but we managed to play some table tennis. We love the selection of wine and the cocktails, particularly the Cabernet Sauvignon, we had 3 bottles between us and lots of Jamaica house Punch! I will definitely visit This place again! Friendly staff with a great atmosphere, it's truly 'the place to be'!