“Beautiful tea in a fabulous setting - perfectly English.”
Review of Pret-a-Portea

Pret-a-Portea
Ranked #6,178 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful tea in a fabulous setting - perfectly English.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the second time I have taken tea at this location and it is still as good as I remember. The service is impeccable and the presentation of the tea, cakes and sandwiches are outstanding. Very good value for money and unlimited quantities of each make it extra special for those who like their food (and I do!)

Highly recommended but do book in advance as it fills up quickly.

• Visited April 2014

Shanghai, China
“Been to many high tea in London, not impressed”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This high tea came highly recommended. What a disappointment it was. From the brusque service, to the cafeteria feel, there are so many better hotels to experience high tea than this one.

The idea of a high fashion tea is lovely. Cookies decorated like shoes, purses and swimming costumes were very pretty on the plate. But for three of us sitting at one table, there was one of each item on the plate. We constantly had to ask for the things that we enjoyed or asked to taste because someone at the table had tasted the only one and enjoyed it. It made us feel greedy. It left us uncomfortable. Needless to say the waitress was running around ragged. Such a strange system.

I never got offered a second cup of tea. Foods that we didn't want seconds of ended up on our table, but things that we asked for didn't.

Absolutely dreadful.
All in all, not a relaxing experience.

“Fashionista's High Tea!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was taken here for my 30th and it was a lovely afternoon out. Never seen such a collection of teas, my partner tried about 3 and I was on the Fizz! The food was great, excellent presentation and tasty. We were offer ends another full plate but declined due to too much sweet stuff! The selections were fantastic and they filled you with morse sandwiches if required. I love fashion so this was perfect for me as everything was named after a designer of bag, etc. it was expensive but you are in Knightsbridge and you are paying Kinghtsbridge prices!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone!!!!!They also brought me a plate of fruit with Happy Birthday written on it. Excellent!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Copenhagen
“Extraordinary experience but service could be better”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our visit started with a very nice welcome and the food was excellent. After some time our waiter changed and the next one was making us feel like being in a hurry for the whole time. She took our plates before we had finished, including some of our drinks. And it was done that quickly that you were unable to protest.

The biggest disappointment came in the evening when I opened the doggy bag, which looks quite fancy. Some of my “left-overs a cakes were missing. I was really looking forward to showing the Miu Miu exotic skin tote bag, the hat and Oscar De La Renta flirtatious summer pistachio sponge cake to my daughters but only the bathing suit and the shoe were in there. I should of course have checked but I assumed the right cakes to be in there.

So the experience was great but the service could be much better.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Glamourous tea for chicks..”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I find this place the right one for a glamorous afternoon with girl friends. The menu is correlated by pics from catwalks and the pieces of cakes you are going to eat. It's fun, it's delicious, good service, nice bone china, great atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013