“Scrummy afternoon tea”

The Lounge at InterContinental London Westminster
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Description: In the glamorous surrounds of the Conrad London St James, Emmeline's Lounge offers a chic yet relaxed setting for enjoying its extensive bar stock. Within this majestic 19th century building, a beautifully renovated interior features shimmering chandeliers, eclectic furnishings and glossy marble surfaces. Decadent bar snacks and sharing platters are served, as well as innovative mixes dreamed up by inspired mixologists.
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
“Scrummy afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My friend and I went for afternoon tea which was beach themed and advertised on bookatable.
On entering the Lounge I was impressed with the decoration and ambience. My friend and I were seated immediately as our table was pre-prepared (we also arrived 30 minutes late due to tube issues, and the staff were still so welcoming). A varied selection of tea was offered and the food was delicious. I found the food well catered to my dietary requirements and I found the service attentive, friendly and although giving a high quality of service the staff made good conversation to suit their guests which made it most welcoming.
Definitely recommended!

• Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was the second time I have had afternoon tea here with friends - and was worried that it wouldnt be as good as the first - but it was just as good and maybe better thanks to Maximillian and Felix tending to us!

The food was superb - amazing selection and just when we thought it was over the desert "garden" came out! It was just brilliant - tasty little beach huts made of chocolate cake, cheesecake sand castles.... it was just something you have to see - this was new to the first visit so is probably seasonal but it was great!

The free flowing champagne deal is just great as well!!

I recommend this over and over!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank j k
“Just fabilous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I tool my family to afternoon tea, july 2013. It was amazing. Service was splendid. Food outstanding, and a fantastic atmosphere. I really can't not recommend this to just about anyone.

• Visited August 2013
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I took my mother in law here for the edible garden afternoon tea for her 70th birthday. The service, food and atmosphere was exceptional! We had a lovely time, was very relaxed and wasn't rushed at any point. Staff where very professional and informative and encouraged us to try the different teas, which was lovely. The champagne literally kept flowing! The beautiful designs of the cakes and presentation of the cakes was amazing. I would most definitely recommend this hotel for afternoon tea. One of the best Afternoon teas we have had.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite presentation, service and most importantly, great flavours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had an absolutely amazing experience here. The staff were attentive and informative - particularly our main waiter Maximillion.
The tea itself was lovely - I had one of the floral teas as recommended by our waiter which did not disappoint. Loved the tea pots too!
The chelsea buns were perfectly small and sweet. And the lemon curd a nice addition for the scones. The pea / mint tart was delicious, as were the other array of savoury selection.

The edible garden afternoon tea itself was certainly 'show stopping'!. Loved the glass box! The stones and soil was an amazing touch. The raspberry, and the lemon garden were especially so good. So light!

Overall incredibly impressed. A good, well balanced selection, and not being too over bearing or sweet. All the while looking amazing! It's so good to have the selection taste as good as it looked (which other places the flavours often fall through).

Will look forward to going back for their new menu.

• Visited June 2014