“Fabulous day”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Fabulous day”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was bought a Waitrose Cookery School 'The Art of Michelin Star Cookery' as a gift. I was a little bit apprehensive because I didn't know anyone else on the course. I needn't have worried...the staff made sure everyone felt welcome and the whole day was amazing. The chefs were so brilliant and helpful. All my four dishes turned out just right! I have since re-created them at home and they have been just perfect. Watching the chefs cook the courses in the lecture theatre was very interesting and after the first course demonstration I wondered how mine would turn out. They were on hand to offer advice at every stage - my individual courses surpassed my expectations!. It is an experience that I would very much like to repeat!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank June54Uk

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I attended the Indian curry night. A 2 hour evening class which was excellent.
Good set up, and the chef was very enthusiastic with lots of tips and advice. The time went very quickly and we sat down to eat the delicious meal at the end. I’ve never cooked a curry before but will definitely try this at home. Hope to go back and try another course soon.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SurreyLady439
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Have over the past 18 months attended 6 courses at the Waitrose Cookery School. It is a great place very welcoming and the variety of course immense. These range from simple suppers to Michelin grade dinners and from basci knife and fish skills to cake making and decorating. Very popular course are based on food from around the world such as Italy, Morocco, S E Asia, South America and India.

When you arrive prior to your course you are welcomed and offered refreshments deending on the time of day, then there is a quick H&S brief before you go through to the cooking area. You work in pairs so if you are on your own it's nice way to meet people who have the same likes as yourself.

If you are on a full day course you spend the morning watching demonstratins, in a small comfortable demonstration theatre, then cooking the food and eventually eating the main course in the dining area accompanied by wine or soft drinks. In the afternoon you do a little more cooking and then the instructors round off the session by showing you some fun things.

Price wise the day courses run out at about £150 (10% discount if you have a Waitrose Card) but that includes all ingredients copiuous amounts of refreshments including wine and receptacles in which to carry home your food. There is also an attractive ring binder with all the recipes from the day plus other tips.

My husband has been on 3 courses with me and thoroughly enjoyed himself - in fact on most courses (24 places on each) at least a third are men.

I have been on othere cookery courses but this school is just so much fun - yes you are being taught things but the instructors are relaxed and make sure you have a fun day.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Rosie H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic day of cooking”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My mum bought me a Thai cookery day as a birthday present, and it was fantastic. We went together which meant we shared a station, which was nice. If you go alone you have to share a station with someone else, but everyone seemed very friendly and willing to learn. No-one on our day seemed too "cheffy" or pretentious which really put me at ease, and there was a really good mix of people, age and gender.
We cooked 3 Thai dishes ourselves (and then ate them) in the morning, all of which were preceded by a really helpful demonstration. And then in the afternoon we had demonstrations of 2 more dishes (which we were way too full to eat, really).
All in all a fantastic day out which I would highly recommend.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Parsley44
Buckinghamshire
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great venue, great value, great courses”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been to a couple of courses now for macaroon making and Christmas dinner making, both excellent and worth every penny. You do have to share a station with someone if you go alone but all in all it's worth doing with friendly and knowledgable staff and teachers.

Visited November 2013