“Laugh out Loud”

The Boat Show Comedy Club
Ranked #14 of 379 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: London's finest floating comedy club is now in it's 17th year afloat on The Thames. Following a major refurbishment of its orginal venue, The Tattershall Castle The Boat Show returns, alongside its second Saturday show on R.S Hispaniola. The club has a very strong regular crowd and is renowned for famous acts coming down to do secret gigs in an intimate venue. All tickets include entry to PopWorld nightclub on the Tattershall Castle til late, playing the best in Disco, Cheese and Pop so you can dance the night away. "Guaranteed to book the best"- Sunday Times A Time Out Top 10 London Comedy Club
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 22 October 2013

What an excellent night of comedy! We had no idea when we booked that we would have such an outstanding array of Comedians. First up was Lee Hurst, he was great, then Maff Brown and he was even better. I can't decide whether I enjoyed Maff Brown or Craig Murray the most. Craig Murray was MC for the evening and he was brilliant - so good we've just booked another venue to see him again!

The venue is very well organised, drinks a bit pricey but all in all a great night.

CK P, Manager at The Boat Show Comedy Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thanks very much FirstTrotters! Glad you had a lovely evening, hopefully we'll see you again soon x

All reviews
"interval"
"audience"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2013

It wasn't the best comedy club I've been to. Packed in rather tight and didn't find the comedians all that funny on the night I went. I'm sure other nights could be better. Great views from the other bars on board.

1  Thank Barry H

Hi Barry, sorry to hear you didn't find the comedians amusing. We programme the best comics from the live circuit but we can appreciate that not everyone will be to everyone else's taste. As we tend to sell out, and the ceilings are low (we must make some concessions to being on a boat!) it can feel quite full, but we hope it adds to the atmosphere rather than takes away, and we do our best to ensure that everyone has adequate leg room. If there's ever an issue in future, do flag it up with us and we'll do our best to accommodate any needs. x

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Had an absolutely BRILLIANT time at The Tattershall Castle. I love comedy nights and always try to go somewhere different. This is by far one of the best nights out I have had in a while. I went on a date there and we had drinks first on top deck of boat. View was incredible of London Eye and bridge and Big Ben all lit up at night. Then you go downstairs where the decor style is red velvet, very cabaret. Even though we were sitting at the back we had a great view and the acts were fantastic. What a great night for only £14 a ticket. Defo going back and defo recommend!!!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Having lived and worked in London for a few years, I was always looking for a great event to take visiting friends or clients to in London. Dinner and drinks is nice - but where can you find a good pub-style meal, drinks and a stunning view of the London skyline - with world-class comedy - at a price that will surprise and please? The Boat Show!

Good solid pub food - I love the Lamb Shank - with 8-10 draft beers - and lots more bottled - plus the normal selection of cocktails - all while floating on the Thames near the London Eye - Tube Stop - Embankment.

The show gets started about 8pm - and runs to 11pm or so - with three breaks for bathroom and drinks - and then the place is converted into a dance floor for fun into the wee hours.

The team does a super job of finding great talent - often folks you will see later on the BBC or in Las Vegas or New York as a headliner.

Stars like Terry Alderton - one of my favorites of all time - are par for the course - see more on the their site at http://www.boatshowcomedy.co.uk/gallery-testimonials/

Love it - always my favorite friday in the lovely city of London!

1  Thank MobileGadgetGeek