“Good fun”

The Boat Show Comedy Club
Ranked #14 of 380 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: London's finest floating comedy club is now in it's 17th year afloat on The Thames. Following a major refurbishment of its orginal venue, The Tattershall Castle The Boat Show returns, alongside its second Saturday show on R.S Hispaniola. The club has a very strong regular crowd and is renowned for famous acts coming down to do secret gigs in an intimate venue. All tickets include entry to PopWorld nightclub on the Tattershall Castle til late, playing the best in Disco, Cheese and Pop so you can dance the night away. "Guaranteed to book the best"- Sunday Times A Time Out Top 10 London Comedy Club
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here last night and had such a laugh. We booked tickets online a few weeks before going and are so glad we did. We had a drink on the top deck before hand and the views were amazing. There was also a restaurant on the boat although I can't comment on the food as we didn't eat there. We saw 4 comedians and all were very funny. All seats booked are allocated for you and there was room at the back for those who preferred to stand. Drinks were expensive but at £15 each for a evening out, on a boat in London you can't go wrong. After the show, the guys that work there quickly clear the chairs away and the music starts so plenty of room for dancing. The only downside to the evening was that unfortunately we were seated next to a large group of ladies who were being very loud and quite rude talking throughout while the comedians were on. The staff were great though and after a couple of attempts of asking them to be quiet, they asked the group to move to the back so not to disrupt the show. I would recommend going as great evening out and would return if we had the opportunity.

1  Thank easty83
in 11 reviews
"embankment"
"material"

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We visited Saturday night with friends. All 4 acts were very funny - quite different styles and levels of experience which made for a great night out. We booked online a few weeks in advance and received a text the day before from the organisers who arranged seats for us in a booth. The venue is great, all seats are good with a few booths dotted around. Beware if you are close to the front or in the booths you may be "participating" in the show! The drinks are a little expensive - if you're drinking wine suggest you go for a bottle. At £14 a ticket can't complain at all. Top night! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Would highly recommend this night. At a ticket price of only £14, & the drinks were not extortionate either. All of the comedians were funny. Will definitely do this again.

1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Booked the comedy boat show 2 years ago for my 50th birthday. Myself and 6 of my friends travelled down from Scotland for a London weekend. We booked the boat show not knowing what to expect. It was fantastic. We had the best night ever. We were seated in a booth type seat near the stage. I was brought a glass of sparkling wine to help celebrate my birthday. The comedy was super, although if you are easily offended live comedy may not be for you. We stayed on for the nightclub and danced all night. There was enough of a mix of music to work for us "oldies" although it did get much more up to date later. We left after 1am and it was quite young by then. We have just booked another London weekend and the one thing we were sure we wanted to do was the comedy boat show - which I have just booked for Friday 21st March. Yay!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times now, and although it doesnt look like much (like most comedy clubs) from the outside, they have done a good job of making the club look nice and be comfortable to watch the show. I had half price tickets to go last night and often in comedy clubd half price means half as good with cheaper acts, but this was far from it! I think this was the best night so far with noise next door the finishing act actually being probably the best comedy act I have ever seen, masters of improvisation they were hilarious. If your thinking of going, go, its in a great easy to reach location and the staff and acts are always great!