“Way above your average cafe.”
Review of Churreria Espanola

Churreria Espanola
Ranked #231 of 392 Dessert in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Way above your average cafe.”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stumbled on this place before flying out on holiday as we spent a couple of days in London beforehand and had booked into local apartments. It was a beautiful sunny day so thought as it was near by it would do for a bite to eat before the journey.
The outside looks like your normal café with a mixture of workmen and locals however did impress me was the food once it arrived, I opted for a full English breakfast, ,for my Anglo Saxon cousins, please not even think of commenting on the Scottish diet, you guys have chips for breakfast, and what a breakfast it was, As you can tell the fantastic fry up was accompanied by chips and none the ,worse for it, I watched with interest as having ,worked in the trade how the interaction between the staff and the customers took place even though it was very busy and the staff did not disappoint or miss a beat, well done guys..
The entire of my holiday I could not wait to get back to have another of their breakfasts but because of the flight, we missed the 3pm deadline.
I did however opt for the rabbit which was succulent and delicious and almost as good as mine, hey I cant be too gushing about how good this place is.
My partner opted for the Andalucían dish with chorizo, marinated pork fillets, fried eggs and toast , she loved it so much that she was still talking about how great it was as we entered the tube to make our way home.
Top results guys!!! Cannot wait for an excuse to visit again the next time in London,
Bad points: None apart from a bottle license would be great or even if you made a BYOB charge as great food like your dinner menu would be even better with a nice glass of wine.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Gordon B

Adelaide, Australia
“A piece of spain in bayswater”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Uno cortado por favor. Just gave the Churreria a go whilst waiting for documents from Dominican Republic embassy [just around the corner]. Friendly, cheap and much, much better coffee than Costa. The food looked awesome and fresh and will defo eat there in future. Thumbs up from me.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank david j
“Great local cafe which punches above its weight”
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Tony and his team contribute to the lively atmosphere in this outwardly unremarkable but in reality a really friendly place that offers everything from a basic but consistently excellent Full English to a range of specialities, such as calves liver and bacon or leg of baby lamb. My wife and I live 2 minutes away so tend to use this place as our local. There are plenty more restaurants nearby, so if we had ever had any reason to go elsewhere, we could have done so easily. But we keep on coming back. Big thumbs up from us both!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank bfltd0
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Unpretentious in London”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Great cafe, friendly staff, Tony the owner full of personality. Locals frequent this place, check out Sunday breakfast! No frills and good value.

• Visited June 2013