“nice food great service”
Review of Wahaca Waterloo

Wahaca Waterloo
Ranked #848 of 23,025 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Delicious Mexican street food on the corner of Waterloo Road and the Cut. Walls are constructed from recycled railway sleepers and over 4 miles of bright yellow cord make up the relaxed seating, bringing the bright colours of a Oaxacan market to this corner of South London.
London, United Kingdom
“nice food great service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

we had a lunch here a couple of hours ago:) quick service and good food, stuff are so friendly and helpful. good location will be back soon

Canberra, Australia
“Good service, but dull food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I went here with friends and I guess I was expecting more after all the hype. I had the quesadillas, which were dull. They were basically melted cheese between two pieces of thin bread. I chose them because there were no other vegetarian options, which was surprising because Mexican restaurants often has more than one vegetarian option, involving beans, corn, avocado and so on.

The arrangement of the tables was not good. We were seated at a very long bench. I was at the end, which tapered off into a slide. This meant that there was nowhere to put my bag, except up on the bench with me. This then encroached on the space of the couple on the next table (but the same long bench). The dingy basement didn't add to the atmosphere. On the plus side, the service was attentive, the beers were cold and my companions enjoyed their food.

London, United Kingdom
“Good Mexican tapas”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Find the menu a bit samey but maybe need to explore it more, had both the specials, crab noodles and a chorizo and butternut squash empenada. Kids meal good value, decent sized burrito with generous side portions and a drink. Friendly service but as it is in the basement is a little bit dingy.

West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent food at a fair price.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went to Wahaca for a meal to celebrate my sons birthday. We looked at the menu outside which seemed very reasonable for London, and expected there to be something bumping the bill up once we were inside. The food we had - a sharing menu plus other dishes for 3 of us and a chicken dish for the other - was totally faultless and the sweet potato fries were amazing. We had all of this, plus 4 desserts, 4 beers, 3 'posh' tequilas and a coffee for less than £25 each. All served by lovely staff. We'll definitely go back soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Mexico???”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was taken here for my birthday after just returning from my New Mexican holiday.New Mexican food is making a lot of money in London but I think the food here was too Anglicised. I ordered the Quesadillas and they had no spices in them! They were like pita bread with cheese melted inside of them. Now I have eaten in New Mexican families homes and they would never prepare Quesadillas like that! Mexican food with out spices is not Mexican food!This must be done to please the intoxicated Anglo client-al.The Quesadillas I had in New Mexico were made with blue corn tortillas and had a delicious coleslaw type filling with the melted cheese made with a cabbage type vegetable called "Jicama" that gave the Quesadillas a crunch! Chilli sauce was provided in much the same way HP or Daddies sauce would be provided in an English cafe.These sauces were far too hot!They hurt going out as much as they did going in.In North and South America are hundreds of types of chillies and its so typically English to think that they all just "BURN YOUR MOUTH OUT!". New Mexican green chilli is mild tasty and so delicious that in New Mexico they are eaten even in the breakfast Burritos! New Mexican and Mexicans call the kind of food serves here "Gringo Mexican". I had a piece of "TRES LECHES CAKE" for my birthday. It was tasty but nothing like a real tres leches cake. I think anything goes in London and quite frankly they just make up some thing as they go along. But one thing they have right in Wahaca is the party atmosphere. That is truly New Mexican. Friends and family love to get together and drink and eat and have a good time. So go here for fun,not seriously good New Mexican or Mexican food!