“Location, location”

Courthouse Hotel
Ranked #575 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Location, location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We had an overnight stay with breakfast. The room was spacious, but very dated (no hair dryer and towels have seen better days). Front of house staff were excellent, pleasant and helpful. A bit of a rush when we arrived for breakfast, free tables but none cleared, quickly addressed by staff who were working hard to keep it all ticking over. Hot breakfast tasted better than it looked, although after cutting 'fresh' bread I discovered it was frozen in the middle. Excellent location and 'yes' would return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank P D
Quentin H, Front of House Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear PD,

Thank you for bringing to our attention some of the issues with your stay; we have taken note of these and have taken immediate action. Please accept our apology.

I am glad that our Front of House colleagues looked after you well and they will be delighted to welcome you back.

Quentin Hales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice friendly and clean hotel with lovely food. In a great location for oxford street and theatres. Hubby had treated me for Xmas and it was in the perfect place for shops,bars and theatre. Staff were friendly and room was ready few hours before check in.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Clairew923_13,

I am so glad that your husband’s choice in Christmas present was a success. He did choose well!
We have shared your review with the team; thank you for your glowing report.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Having received a voucher at Xmas for a champagne afternoon tea we had to book over a month in advance due to the popularity at the weekend, so found ourselves there yesterday afternoon (a Sunday). I have nothing to compare it with, but we very much enjoyed the champagne, sandwiches, cakes and scones. On arrival we were told that we would be served egg maynonaise instead of nutello which was not available - thank goodness for that - as we do not consider nutello is in keeping with afternoon tea as a "fine dining" experience. I was a bit apprehensive as, unlike my husband, I don't have a sweet tooth but I found the cakes just right and exactly to my liking. I am not a tea drinker so I opted for a white coffee, but wished I had asked for a cappuccino, as this was my only disappointment - it came up black without cream, was very strong, and I had to share my husband's cold milk that came with his tea. On reflection I should have asked the waitress to change this, as she was very sweet but you know how it is, you don't like to make a fuss. We noticed that most people got up and left without tipping which I thought was a bit mean as we felt the waitress did her job well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paris090
Dear Paris090,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. Of course we would have changed your coffee for you without any fuss, I am sorry we didn’t get a chance to fix this only failing. We do hope to be of service to you again in the future.

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel is only 15 minutes from Kings Cross by tube.and only 15 minutes walk to theatre land.Unusual setting with small entrance can easily be missed.Rooms were lovely very clean and comfortable.we stayed room only as there are plenty of places to eat out including breakfast before 10am on Sundays.Staff helpful and polite would definitely recommend this hotel .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank leedsunited
Dear leedsunited,

I was delighted to read and share your review with our team. To help publicise our entrance, there is some small signage on either side of the doorway, a flag over the entrance and a welcome mat with our name embroidered in it. The entrance to the hotel is that of the former courthouse building, which holds a Grade II listing and can be missed. Once inside there are many other aspects of the original courthouse still intact, including a former courtroom, the waiting room and even the holding cells. Thank you for your recommendation.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The location for this hotel is fantastic. Right in the middle of London, near all the shops with transport nearby. However, I was pretty unimpressed by the service we received from the receptionists; no smiles and quite rude. We also witnessed a disagreement which took place between the receptionists and some guests and again were quite dissapointed with their attitude. But the hotel itself and the location were great!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Saskia C

Naturally I was disappointed to learn of some service issues from your review. I have shared your review with our team. I get the chance to see the Courthouse team at work, both in the front and back of house areas. I can assure readers that the Courthouse team work tirelessly in making our guest’s stay memorable. It does sound like it may have been an isolated issue and I apologise if it could have been handled differently.

On a brighter note, I was happy to see that you enjoyed the Courthouse Hotel’s unparalleled location and enjoyed the hotel facilities.

Worksop, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Arrived this morning for a very special weekend (sister running the marathon) only to be told they had a system error and couldn't accommodate us! We were shipped away in a taxi to another Hilton with supposedly upgraded room....on arrival we are overlooking a back street with scaffolding outside the room and the room is basic!
Thankyou Hilton for ruining our weekend!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Julie W
Quentin H, Front of House Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear JulieW,

Firstly please accept our most sincere apology. As you highlighted, there was an error that left us in a truly unfortunate situation on the London Marathon weekend. The London Marathon is an extremely successful city wide event and it does place a great strain on London’s hotel availability. We worked hard to help mitigate our error and all of our efforts were focused on accommodating you at the Courthouse Hotel. It became apparent to my team on your arrival day that we would need to seek alternate accommodation for you. The city was facing a very restricted inventory as a result of the marathon. The team worked to secure you with the best accommodation available. I understand that you went to the recently refurbished Washington Hotel which is located near the finish line of the Marathon and a 10 min walk from the Courthouse Hotel. I understand the great disappointed you must have encountered when you arrived to the hotel and I would like to extend my apology once more for this very rare situation.

Quentin Hales

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Nice hotel, brilliant location, good service and fantastic staff, would definitely recommend! Upgraded our room for free and sent up a Birthday Cake, which was a very kind gesture. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Quentin H, Front of House Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Kishan P,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at the Courthouse Hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your birthday. I had great pleasure sharing your comments with the team and we look forward to being of service again in the future.