“Rolls Royce Treatment”

Ranked #590 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Dublin
“Rolls Royce Treatment”
Reviewed 5 November 2009

We stayed here for a long weekend. Wonderful attention to detail. Spacious room. Warm swimming pool tucked away in the basement. Breakfast is a a treat here with Bircher's Muesli and all sorts of exotic options for little ones and grown ups alike to try.. Situated opposite Liberty's and around the corner from Hamley's Toy shop. The Doorman remembered our son from a trip 10 months before. We were very impressed. Looking forward to our next trip.
Around the corner from the Tube made this an ideal central location.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank DublinStella
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2009
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor and for giving us constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments in relation to your stay with us and we are delighted that you have recognised our staffs for the outstanding customer service you received during your stay . Your comments have been passed to the relevant departments as I know they will be encouraged by your remarks.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton in the near future

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Location great, staff pleasant, external decor great. Room disappointing. Looked out onto wall, small, bed most uncomfortable I've slept in for a long time. Had a late night and woken up by housecleaning around 9am in the corridors, though I did have DO NOT DISTURB sign on door. In a 3* I would accept it, but not in a 5*

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2009
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Courthouse Doubletree by Hilton. I appreciate your positive feedback about the location, our staffs being pleasant and the décor of the hotel.
I am very sorry to hear that you did not like the room that was allocated to you. I wish to apologise on this occasion for the inconveniences this has caused to you. In regards to the bed, we do make sure our bed are very comfortable and thank you for bringing this to my attention as we will look into it and have a full audit of our beds.
I will personally ensure that our staffs are re-trained in certain areas so that they take notice of the fact that guests like you are not disturbed despite having a DND sign on the door. For now, I can only apologise and I ensure you that we will take it with the relevant departmental manager to make sure that such things do not happen in the future.

We are a learning organisation and I appreciate your honesty and I would once again like to thank you for your comments which will allow us to take necessary measures to avoid such situation in the future. We would like to welcome you back at the Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton in the future.

Burlington
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This is definitely in a great location, at the end of Carnaby St and close to Piccadilly Circus. Plenty of restaurants, pubs and clubs.

The staff looked after us very well and the rooms were really nice. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, so much so we cam back the following week to finish off out 2 week vacation.

I have already recommended this to a number of my friends who travel to London.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2009
Thank you very much for your review , I’m glad you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your feedback with my team as I’m sure they will be encourage by your positive comments!

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you back soon at the Courthouse Doubletree by Hilton

Manchester
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We originally picked the hotel for it's location as we were taking in a show. It is ideally placed for the West End and numerous good restaurants, no taxi's needed. We found the welcome we received, the decor (it's an old courthouse with the original cells as part of the bar) and the whole experience was excellent. The room we had was a tad small, a queensize bed, but good value at £165 ro. Think we'll try a larger room next time. Sky TV for the sports fans. Will be going again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2009

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments in relation to your stay with us and we are delighted that you have recognised our staffs for the outstanding customer service you received during your stay. Your comments have been passed to the relevant departments as I know they will be encouraged by your remarks.

South Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2009

The concierege guys were amazing--they helped us with everything. Room was beautiful. Shower--not so good, hot or cold. Bed needs to be replaced. Room service excellent, location excellent--restaurants on both sides excellent!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2009
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor, I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay with us, you comments have been passed on to my team as I'm sure they will be encourage by your feedback!

I've taken note about your comments on the shower and the bed. My executive housekeeper and maintenance manager will retrain our team to avoid reoccurrence of this challenge.

Once again that you for staying with us and I hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future

farfar-n-away
Reviewed 11 October 2009

This hotel has an outstanding location at the edge of Soho, just off Oxford street, about 2 blocks from the Oxford tube stop. It is extremely convenient to shopping, theaters, and restaurants. Just outside the door are lots of wonderful eateries and the liveliness of Carnaby Street.
The hotel lobby is very impressive and stylish. Check-in was extremely efficient. The warm cookie on check-in was a nice touch (this is the first Doubletree I've stayed in that actually had cookies available on arrival). The only disappointing part was, as a Diamond, I received a lesser upgrade than the Gold who checked in immediately in front of me. I'm not sure why the hotel gave a Gold a better upgrade than a Diamond!
My Executive room was stylish and large by European standards. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was a good size with nice Neutrogena products. As a Diamond, I received a very nice fruit platter and complimentary water as welcome gifts. Very much appreciated. The bed and pillows was extremely comfortable.
The room's AC did not work well. The room was 26C (about 79F) when I arrived. I turned the AC up and after 2 hrs, the temp was still 26C. The management already was aware of the problem without me calling. They sent a maintenance worker to try to fix it. London was having an unusually hot week. Though it was better, the room temperature never went below 23C, a bit too warm for me. I did not complain as I would be out of the room for most of the day but it did make for some uncomfortable sleeping conditions.
The included continental breakfast was very good with many choices. A hot breakfast was also available for an extra fee. The breakfast room is small but the staff was vigilant for people leaving so guests did not have to wait long for a table.
I had hoped to try the recommended hotel restaurant Silk. But I was disappointed to find it was closed on the day I was there. I will just have to go the next time I am in London.
The spa services looked tempting but I did not have time to try any of them.
All-in-all, a very nice stay in a very nice hotel. I have stayed in many hotels on my frequent trips to London. This is now one of my favorites!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank farfar-n-away
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with my team.

I do appreciate your positive comments on the quality of the room, the breakfast and the service you’ve received. My team will certainly be encourage by your feedaback.

In regards to the challenges you've experienced with the AC, please be reassure that I have spoken to my maintenance team in order to look at the shortfall in the service and retrain some member of our team to avoid reoccurrence of this problem.

indianapolis indiana
Reviewed 8 October 2009

my husband and i traveled to london in spetember for vacation . we picked this hotel for two reasons one was we are hilton honors members and second was for the location and price of hotel. we were not disappointed with our choice. the location on upper regent street is close to walking for most of the london attrations and also only one block from the london tube station which you can take to get any place in london. the room size was good and bathroom large for european sizes. the staff was very helpful with answering any questions we had. the breakfast was good every morning and staff there were very accomadating. we spent total of six nights and would stay at this hotel again if we traveled to london. there were also several pubs and resturants on the same block and there are many shops on regent street for shopping. there is also elevator to the floors in this hotel. there was really nothing negative to me about the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2009
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your feedback with my team as I’m sure they will be encourage by your positive comments the quality of service you've received and the breakfast.