“An elegant, sophisticated home from home”
Review of Courthouse Hotel

Courthouse Hotel
Ranked #574 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Suzieq747
“An elegant, sophisticated home from home”
Reviewed 5 January 2010

This is a stunning building, which has been sympathetically converted into a quirky, boutique 'style' hotel. From start to end of our stay the staff could not have been more helpful, friendly or efficient, nothing was too much trouble (espcially given the time of the year, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). The room (ours was a King Superior) was clean, comfortable and spacious; the breakfast and dining room are a wonderful surprise, having once been the waiting room and old court room. This has been the best hotel experience we have had in a long time and look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Suzieq747
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor and for giving us constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton.

Thank you for your positive comments in relation to your stay with us and we are delighted that you have recognised our staffs for the outstanding customer service you received during your stay . Your comments have been passed to the relevant departments as I know they will be encouraged by your remarks.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton in the near future

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My first ever review for TA - had to let everyone know how good this place is.

We stayed for two nights the weekend before Christmas. What an amazing find. Have tried dozens of hotels in London, and never stayed in one so central and close to everything. Two mins walk to Hamleys, two mins to Oxford Circus. one min to the Palladium.

Our only complaints were that the breakfast room seemed a but busy and disorganised on the first morning, but this was resolved for the second day - it looked like someone more senior was on duty.

Room was great - Queen Room - massive bed, clean, with tons of pillows and no noise. Did noy get to try out the spa, but how many other hotels in central London have Spa treatments, or even a pool?

We have now found our hotel that we will look to return to on future visits to London - I'll be checkin here before i book trips to london in future.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank redcaff
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2010

Best Regards,
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 22 December 2009

Absolutely wonderful hotel. I've stayed in many hotels in central London and I can safely say that this is definitely the best yet. Excellent location- you're directly across from the north end of Carnaby, right around the corner from the Oxford Circus tube stop, and just off the Regent St/Oxford St shops!

The staff are wonderful, the concierge was amazing, and the room service was quite good, too! The rooms were large and the bath was always kept fresh with towels and toiletries. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.. and plan to on my next trip to London!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OnTyne
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I'm glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with my team as they will certainly be encourage by your feedaback.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you back soon at the Courthouse Doubletree by Hilton

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I stayed for two nights in this hotel for leisure. I booked using Hhonors points. I didn't expect a large room especially in London but was lucky and got a really good room, large with sofa and armchair and very quiet.
The hotel was very comfortable and spotless throughout.
The service was really good, especially on the front desk with a concierge who remembered your name.
The food at the Carnaby restaurant was good. There are plenty of alternative places to eat just steps from the hotel.
The location of the hotel was excellent, especially if you wanted to shop. It was opposite Liberty at the top end of Carnaby Street and round the corner from Oxford Street and Oxford Circus tube.
Even my husband (aka the jaded business traveller) said it was an excellent hotel. That's real praise!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GafiaCheshire

I'm glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with my team.

I do appreciate your positive comments on the quality of the service you’ve received. My team will certainly be encourage by your feedaback.

aberdeen
Reviewed 4 December 2009

The couthouse is right in front of Carnaby Street, and excellent location for shopping in Oxford Road.

The bar area is unique as it has booths that were the old Magistrates court cells. The breakfast area is the Waiting area and court areas.

The Room was not that great, despite asking for Non-Smoking, we seemed to have ended up in a smoking floor , which was a bad start.

The Room carpet was heavily stained, the window had a damaged rope and as such difficult to open (Safety issue!). The bathroom has a frosted window between there and the bedroom, which at night if you put the bathroom light on, you will shine light on whoever is sleeping and wake them.

Spa was a bit of a let down, could only manage one person at a time, so when re-booked for the Saturday the person in the Spa turned up 20 Mins late!

Staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. Would I stay here again? probably not as I feel there are better hotels in London for that price that the rooms are a lot cleaner

Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank alanatabz
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2009

I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stay in overall and I will share your comments with my team.

I do appreciate your positive comments on the friendliness and efficiency of our staff. My team will certainly be encourage by your feedback.

In regards to the challenges you've experienced with your room and the carpet, please be reassure that I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper order to look at the shortfall in the service and retrain some member of our team. Please note as well that the crème color carpet is part of our cleaning schedule however we will reinforce that in order to avoid reoccurrence of this problem

In regards to the Spa, thank you for your feedback as I will investigate this a bit further.
We usually take 2 bookings at the same time all depending on the therapist schedule and bookings. If the treatments are booked well in advance we can surely do 2 treatments at the same time.

ghent, belgium
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Located at the end of Carnaby Street, a few steps away from Regent Street, the perfect hotel to explore London and 5 stars at a reasonable price. When we arrived the hotel gave us a room next to the elevator, but since we didn't like it too much they immediately gave us an other room, which we really appreciated. The room was big (certainly for London standards) and really quiet. Since we had a 12-year old with us we had a roll-away bed in the room, but it didn't bother us. Breakfast was OK, but on the small side. The spa with swimming-pool was nice after a long day in London shops. But the best of the hotel is it's location! You step out the door right into Carnaby Street and Regent Street, it takes you a 10 minutes walk to arrive at the West-End theatres. We booked a musical through the hotel and our seats where great. The staff tried to do every effort needed to make your stay a perfect one.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2009

I do appreciate your positive comments on the quality of the room, the breakfast and the service you’ve received. My team will certainly be encourage by your feedaback.

omaha, ne
Reviewed 22 November 2009

We were very pleased with the great location of this hotel. We had never been to this part of London and did not know the area. It was just right with the hotel being in the middle of all the excitment. Everyone at the hotel were very helpful in giving us directions and maps to The Tube and places of interests . We were also given a very attractive suite that was very quiet. We appreciated that especially after a long day of sightseeing. Hilton Doubletree also offers a great continental breakfast in a lovely decorated room. A nice touch in the lobby were the fresh apples for the taking. The lobby was also decorated very nice with modern touches. We definately will stay again at this fun and well taken care of Hilton Doubletree .We enjoy staying at Hilton properties.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ojtopntai
CourthouseDoubleTree, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2009
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments in relation to your stay with us and we are delighted that you have recognised our staffs for the outstanding customer service you received during your stay . Your comments have been passed to the relevant departments as I know they will be encouraged by your remarks.

Best Regards,