“Camden Zen.”

Mei Leaf
Ranked #146 of 751 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Mei Leaf teahouse is fast becoming London's premium destination for the finest in healthy and delicious single-estate, loose leaf tea and tisanes. It incorporates an innovative tea bar, producing the most delicious pure tea and tea cocktails on the planet. Premium teas freshly brewed to order, available to drink in the teahouse or take away.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Camden Zen.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

There is only so much pushing, shoving and dodging one can do in London before needing some space. From the moment you step inside Chinalife, you are greeted and overwhelmed with good service and a huge variety of loose leaf teas. The atmosphere is so delightful that time just passes you by and before you know it, you've decided to treat yourself to one of their many therapies. This teahouse is a MUST, bring something to read, (if not, they have a bookshop with some great books) talk to the staff and treat yourself to some 'me time'.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank BMB1989

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A corner of China in the middle of Camden.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I came for the second time today, and I had the pleasure to meet again the calm, peaceful, mystic atmosphere that surrounds this lovely store.

I've spent lot of time reading all the teas healty proprieties, everything is so clear and satisfying, so much different than the common shops: you can understand what you're trying or choosing, especially if you are always looking for further informations and insights to get something that reflects your request. Products are all packed (especially teas) in a chinese vintage style japanese box that makes them perfect not only for personal purchase but for beautiful gifts and present as well.
I have decided, after a long gym session, to sit down and taste an energizing tea, The staff was lovely and nice to me, made me feel comfortable straight away, sit down in a space decorated with chinese pictures, that made me feel relaxed and free. I Had a Green Coil tea, on the menu Energizing tea, suggested by the tea bar assistant. He perfectly got my request, I couldn't be more satisfied! I literally spent my time reading the menu and all the proprieties, again, of all the teas (apparently there's a very intriguing tea ceremony as well!)
After my invigorating and energizing tea I couldn't leave the store...I decided to explore the session dedicated to books and tools..I literally Felt so relaxed between feng shuang tools and interesting rare books about such wide assortment of topics. (I think is actually the only store that keeps these kind of books ).

The staff is nice and beautifully calm, gentle and ready to help you..There's such a good energy going around every corner of this lovely. I purchased a pair of Qigong Spheres and tiger balm ( that I did know from before as long we do use it a lot in Martial Arts.). The Lady that helped me It's been very helpful and nice, her advice and explanation it's been like a treat !

I will definately come back, as long as I got my loyalty tea card as well. To whoever treats the body as a temple, this is the place where to start!

Suggested and reccomended 200%!

Federica Lonati

Visited July 2014
1 Thank FedericaLonati
“Best tea in town!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Without doubt the best tea bar in London. Huge variety of the finest Chinese teas - Oolong, Green, White, Yellow and Red as well as many herbal teas. Friendly and knowledgeable staff as well as lots of free informative guides about the history, production and varieties of tea. You can ask for any of the many, many varieties to be freshly prepared for you at the tea bar, hot or cold, or even better, try an amazing tea cocktail - my favourite is the Imperial Sunrise - delicious and leaves you feel totally reenergised! Very calm and tranquil atmosphere, a great place to hang out with friends or just sit on your own and read a book. Love this place!

Visited June 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“best relaxing place in camden!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

with probably the most impressive loose tea collection is one of the best tea room in town!
I loved my flowering tea infusion, served with some free biscuits! The atmosphere was very relaxing and I enjoyed relaxing in the table!
Chinalife is not only a tea room, but is comprised of a bookshop, and relax zone where there are experts of chinese herbal remedies!
It's easily reachable from euston and camden town!

This place saved my life after a long day in a&e.

Visited April 2014