“The best food tour ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
London East End Food Tour
Ranked #5 of 166 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Eating London Food Tours offers people a real taste of London taking you way off-the-beaten-path to savour some of the city's best food in a neighbourhood where culture, history, and cuisine all collide. Our small group walking tours will leave you with an unforgettable memory of one of the world's greatest cities!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Sao Paulo, SP
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“The best food tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I didn't know exactly what to expect, since this was my first "foodie" tour - believe me when I say: I'm amazed!
Emily was one of our guides - she is a super sweet girl! It was raining a bit the day that I chose to take the tour, so I was a bit annoyed by that - Emily noticed it right away and after that she made sure I was having fun and was happy the whole tour.
Now about the food... OMG! I don't even know how to start describing the amazing dishes we get to try during the tour. The only thing I'll say for sure: my favorite ones were the bacon buttie (English accent here!) and the cheeses. I even went back to the cheese store as soon as we finished our tour to buy some!

• Korean first
Sebring, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food was excellent, the guide Hannah was knowledgeable about food and history of London's East End, and the pace was perfect. It was a great way to spend a half day in London.

Visited June 2014
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The highlight of our visit..........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Emily was our guide and she did a great job. I didn't listen when told not to eat breakfast and to wear lose clothes. Everything was just as she described and she kept us informed as we walked thru the streets from one shop to another. The favorites for most in our group was the bacon sandwich, bread and butter pudding and the salted caramel chocolate tart. We had a bagel with a thick slab of beef that was so tender as well as award winning fish and chips. I'd was still looking for another bacon sandwich our last few days in London though I'm sure the one's we enjoyed were the best in the city. Hard to believe something so simple as British bacon between slices of fresh baked and toasted bread could be so perfect.

Austin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Taste of East London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Eating London Food Tours was the first of this kind of tour we have taken and we were very impressed. Our guide was Hannah and she made the tour with her enthusiasm in her story telling. This is not just a food tour; it has history thrown in also. The restaurants we visited were in Shoreditch and soooo tasty! The Bacon sandwich with home made ketchup {made with a secret ingredient....you have to tour to find it what} Bread pudding, Curry, Pub Beers, Cheese, THE best fish and chips in London, Bagel sandwich and The Best Dessert: Salted Caramel Tart! Walking is easy, no hills. Do come hungry because you will not leave Hungry!! Great tour!!!! Will Recommend!

1 Thank Klmeeks
UK
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“"Just a wafer thin mint" ......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I cannot recommend this tour highly enough. We spent four fabulous hours walking around Shoreditch and Spitalfields learning all about its residents through the ages and its social history. All you need are comfortable shoes and a very empty stomach. Even though each pitstop is just a taster, by the end of the tour you will feel stuffed. We enjoyed a world class bacon sandwich in homemade bread, delicious bread and butter pudding with rum custard, artisan cheeses, fish and chips, curry, ale, cider, salt beef beigel and the crowning glory – salted chocolate caramel tart and a pot of tea.
Thank you Hanna for your commentary and insights and fellow tourist Ali from New York for your company and laughs. I'm looking forward to doing their food tour in Rome next time I'm there.
www.eatinglondontours.co.uk