“Excellent coffee”

Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent coffee”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Having been to this gem many times, the most recent was the most memorable. A chat with the barista proved her to be both passionate and very skilled at her craft.

The coffee is excellent, a unique blend apparently, bold and deeply complex. Not too bright like a huge amount of coffee in London, a big plus.

A tiny coffee shop that you'd be much better off getting a takeaway from than sitting in, as most space is dominated by the coffee bar. Nonetheless, if you are after great coffee in a hurry, try not to miss this place.

London, United Kingdom
“cold coffee”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had walked past the Espresso Room several times and wondered what it was like. Today I took the opportunity to pop in for a latte.

It's a tiny little place but the seem to try to make the most of their space. The staff were rather busy which is why they probably weren't particularly friendly and rather slow.

The pastries looked nice though I didn't try them.

So... why did I mark it as average. The coffee was very expensive at £2.80 for a small (8oz) cup and was luke warm to drink. It tasted good though, smooth and nice... If it had at least been hot I would have been a little more enthusiastic.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lady_Tam
Istanbul, Turkey
“A gem of a place, with variable service”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have visited this tiny gem of place every year I go to London. Small, independent, expertly crafted coffee beverages. I really want to like Espresso Room. That said, the last time I was there, a good dozen or more people were served after I had placed my order, and paid. At first I was just sitting and reading, unbothered as time passed, and then I decided to see how long this would go on. This is a tiny establishment with one line. Finally, after more than 20 minutes, I went inside and the owner expressed surprise I had not been served, "that my order had evidently fallen through the cracks" and comped my coffee and cookie. But I noted mine was not the only one during this time. So they *still* have some kinks to get out but the product itself is admittedly pretty great.

• Visited August 2013