“An Afternoon Tea to remember”
Review of Mansion Bar and Parlour - CLOSED

Mansion Bar and Parlour
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I went for an afternoon tea with my husband and daughter using a wowcher gift voucher. From the moment we came in untill we left everything was outstanding. We were well taken care of, Very very pleased with my choice. Very relaxing, lovely decor and ambience, Staff very welcoming, service good. Afternoon tea was delicious and well presented, the House cocktail was to die for! Will definitely come back. highly recommended

Mansion B, Sales at Mansion Bar and Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hi, that's great to hear you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience with us. I hope you will return soon and maybe you can try our Sunday Lunch with live Jazz or our new bistro menu which launched today.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We came here for a Sunday roast. We were expecting a traditional British roast dinner. Nothing fancy, just something warm and hardy to cap off the rainy day in London. What we got exceeded our expectations. The meal was not only delicious, but the service was fantastic. Then there are all the little details that makes this place stand out. The menus look like news papers from the turn of the century, the flatware is gold and the atmosphere is cozy. The best part is the prices being very reasonable considering it is attached to a boutique hotel in South Kensington.

Mansion B, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mansion Bar and Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hi Danny, thank you for leaving a lovely review about our Sunday Lunch with live Jazz. It's great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and you liked our newspaper menus and gold cutlery. I hope you will return soon and maybe you can try our new bistro menu which launched today. If you like to book in, please do call or email us and we'll be happy to email over the menu.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was gifted an afternoon tea for two voucher for my birthday, through LivingSocial. I had come quite close to purchasing one myself in the past so was delighted to receive this as a gift!
Booking was straightforward and staff had ensured that any dietary requirements were taken care of, as I was asked if I had any allergies etc. upon booking and upon arrival - I didn't but its nice to see such care being taken.
Once seated by the window in the plush chairs, we were handed a menu, in the form of a newspaper! Near the back of the paper is where you will find the impressive and extensive list of teas available. I opted for a classic green tea anticipating a lot of nibbles ahead!
The afternoon tea arrived and it all looked really yummy. The scones were perfect but conversely the sandwiches seemed quite stale. The cakes were delicious but the portions were small. The molecular cocktail was... Interesting... And quite strong.
The bar itself is absolutely beautiful - Really glamorous and quite girly. Sitting by the window I loved taking in the surroundings on a sunny day in London and looking around. Also, just outside the ladies they had a beautiful mirror and seating area where you could check your make-up - Love it!
Staff were all very friendly and attentive. They constantly ensured that our teas were being topped up. Sadly this was not the case with the sandwiches, cakes or scones. I have been to quite a few afternoon teas and have always been offered more of the above but on this occasion we weren't. This is the only thing that has let Mansion Bar & Parlour down as the cakes and sandwiches themselves were served in very small portions in the first place.
Overall I would recommend the afternoon tea here, especially if you are celebrating a birthday etc. as I should think they would be more generous with the portion sizes and servings then and it would be the perfect setting for relaxing with a few drinks!

Hi There, thanks for leaving us a lovely review and great to hear you enjoyed your birthday Afternoon Tea. You mentioned the sandwiches were stale and the cakes were small. I have spoken to the Chef about this and he will ensure in the future these issues will be resolved. The reason for the cakes being small as quite a few guests have said the cakes were to big previously. We have made these smaller in size and if guests wanted more they can ask the staff to bring more out. This will also solve the problem of wastage :) Sorry to hear the staff didn't ask if you wanted replenishments...they do normally and not sure why they didn't on this occasion.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

BEAUTIFUL decor. We were seated at a table right at the front of the restaurant in very close eye view of musicians, which for me was ok but may not be for others.
The live music was fine, but we had great joy giggling at the singer who kept calling the guitarist by the wrong name, he did get it right in the end.
I had vegetarian option. For starters i had the leek, which was nice, but my husbsnds onion soup tasted like onions and water, no flavour. My main was squash and veg, again nice but just nice! My husbands chicken was bland. The dessert was ok, lemon favoured cream in a snap basket. Very crunchy my husband said his cheesecake didn't taste homemade.
We like well seasoned food, so a little rosemary on the roasted veg would have made a difference.

Mansion B, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mansion Bar and Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi Ronnie, thanks for your feedback! That's great you like our venue decor...the designers have spent a lot of time in creating this and it's great to hear such positive reviews from our guests.
Sorry to hear you didn't think the food was seasoned to your palate. I hope this hasn't put you off returning to us...we have launched our bistro menu and hopefully you will pop back to try.
Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Lai-Ha

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had afternoon tea here in April, very nice surroundings and staff were very nice and helpful. Nice quirky menus and a large selection of teas to choose from. Sandwiches were a bit stale and rest of food was average. We used a wowcher so thought value for money was good however if I had had to pay full price don't think it would have been worth the money. However overall had a nice experience.