Ye Olde England Tours
Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Ye Olde England Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Ye Olde England Tours
from US$336.35
More Info
from US$269.08
More Info
All reviews day trip personal tour his knowledge outlander tour loch ness guide kevin king arthur hour walking tour pub tour english history windsor castle sherlock holmes great guide a lot of fun interesting facts trafalgar square chartwell
Reviewed 27 October 2015

My parents did a 3-hour tour of Hampton Court Palace He picked them up from their hotel in London in an Audi and they had a wonderful experience. He was very kind and curteous. His tours are very informal yet full of information. Also, he communicated quickly over email which was very much appreciated. We would definietly recommend his tours and we hope to do another tour in the future!

Date of experience: October 2015
YeOldeEnglandTours, Owner at Ye Olde England Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Thankyou for your lovely review. I really appreciate it and am so glad that your parents let you know they had such fun. It was lovely meeting them and whenever I drive past their hotel I think of them every time.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

The overall experience being with Stephen Liddell was fantastic, not just the touring part. He was always courteous, and helpful. Once when we were coming out of the underground he saw someone that needed help carrying her bags up the stairs, and he immediately offered to help and lugged her bag up the steep steps!

He knows everything about the UK. He shares facts that are extremely interesting and help to keep your attention. Stephen is also really funny. We were able to laugh and joke with him over the course of our tour!

At the end of the tour, we did not want to leave. After having such an amazing experience, I want to move to London to do a study abroad. I would love to spend more time with Stephen, because is a truly great person.

I would recommend Stephen to anyone looking for a reliable, trustworthy tour guide. You will feel comfortable and feel that he is more than worth the price you will pay for the tour.

Date of experience: June 2015

Thanks so much Nick. It was fantastic to meet and spend time with you and your fabulous family. Those 3 days went by quickly but we saw a great deal of London.

I really appreciate your wonderful review and hope to get to meet you again one day if you're studying at Uni in London.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

My wife and I scheduled a tour of Bath and Stonehenge with Stephen. He arrived on schedule at our hotel and we proceeded to Bath. Stephen was very knowledgeable about the region and made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Bath very interesting. After spending the morning in Bath, we headed to Stonehenge. My wife asked Stephen how close we were to Salisbury because she had always wanted to see the cathedral there. Without even giving it a second thought, he said if we had the flexibility, he would detour to Salisbury and let us walk through the cathedral. We enjoyed that "bonus" and then proceeded to Stonehenge, where he gave us a great tour of the site.
After spending 11 hours with Stephen, I can definitely say he is a top notch tour guide and a very pleasant and knowledgeable individual. We will definitely book with him again when we return to London.

Date of experience: September 2015

Hi Michael, thanks for your kind review. Even though I have been so busy with my tours that I am replying a long time afterwards, I remember that day very fondly. It was a pleasure to show you both the Cathedral too. If you only come to England once, I wanted to make sure you saw as much as you could and both went home happy!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

My husband and I signed up for a tour of Hughenden House and the Royal Air Force Museum. We had a wonderful day out with Stephen and learned a lot about the area in addition to the sights. He was punctual and professional and went the extra mile, even offering to charge my mobile phone at his house since my charger broke en route to England! The next day, Stephen took me on a tour of the St. Alban's Cathedral and then to the Apple store to get a new charging cable. He also helped me complete errands at the post office and Starbucks. We had very pleasant and delicious lunches together at local pubs. That afternoon he dropped me off at the Watco Junction train station and assisted with purchasing my round trip ticket to London Euston station. The following day, he took me to see another historical home, Knebworth, which had beautiful grounds and gardens. With him as my private driver and guide, I was able to see and do a lot more than expected. He is very friendly, responsive, easy to talk to, and I appreciated his flexibility with our schedule. So much better than being on a big crowded bus full of other people.

Date of experience: August 2015

Hi Stefanie, thanks so much for your lovely review. It was wonderful meeting you both and I too enjoyed the tours also. I can't believe it is a year all ready. I hope you're keeping well and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your days out with me.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Stephen is awesome. We signed up for the cathedral tour (which was incredible), but with Stephen you get so much more - he knows practically everything about the city. We learned so much and sincerely enjoyed spending time with him.

Date of experience: August 2015

Thanks so much for your great review. I'm delighted that you both enjoyed it so much, you were lovely people to show around.