“I Really Enjoyed the Flight Simulator”

The Emirates Aviation Experience
Ranked #69 of 361 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Pilot an A380 or B777 in a state of the art flight simulator. The Emirates Aviation Experience has 4 simulators on which you can test your take off and landing skills. A great value for money experience for advanced flyers and novices alike. Downstairs from the simulator zone is a unique interactive experience that takes you behind the scenes of modern commercial aviation. Learn about the science of flight and what happens to your body at 30,000 feet. Turn around an A380 quick enough to earn your gold wings or watch what happens to your luggage after check-in. All of this and much more is available at the Emirates Aviation Experience. Alternatively you could simply relax in our river facing cafe or browse in our shop. A great family attraction and right next door to the Emirates AirLine which allows you to cross the river Thames in a cable car.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Really Enjoyed the Flight Simulator”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went with a few friends and we had great fun on the Flight Simulators even though I crashed the plane a few times.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank John B
AEexperiencemanager, Manager at The Emirates Aviation Experience, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi John - Great to hear about your enjoyable visit to the Emirates Aviation Experience. The flight simulators are indeed great fun, and don't worry about the crashes. Practice makes perfect!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Lovely Morning in London”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Brought the children down into London, to use the Cable Car across the Thames, we really enjoyed the experience, when we finished, we went into the Aviation Experience, we love travelling, so it was great to see the Cockpit and it was an eye opener seeing the bags from check in to the destination they were travelling to. Staff were great, very helpful, Lovely coffee shop.

Visited May 2014
Hi Fiona, thanks for the lovely review of the Emirates Aviation Experience. We are delighted you enjoyed the exhibition (the baggage cam cinema is a favourite of the team here too). I will ensure your kind words about the staff are passed on to everybody.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good for birthdays”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was given this as a birthday treat from my dad . I had no idea that this place existed so was ecstatic when I was told where we were going. The exhibition was cool especially the engine. But the best part was the simulators especially since the instructors are really helpful. I was a bit unsure at first since I'd never done anything like this before, however they were all really informative and I got a few amazing landings. Loved it.

Visited May 2014
AEexperiencemanager, Manager at The Emirates Aviation Experience, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hi Timmy b,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here and especially the Flight Simulators. I will pass on your kind words to the team who assisted you and I am sure they will enjoy telling me all about your excellent landings.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future for even more flying fun.
Hemel Hempstead, Herts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Kills 30 minutes!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Booked tickets for the cable car and got into the Aviation Experience with our tickets. We visited after our 'flight' across the Thames. Doesn't take long to get round it - a few things to see and a few buttons to press, that's all really. It was a bonus for us, as we didn't realise we could visit inclusive of our cable car tickets lol - killed 30-40 minutes!

Mansfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A pleasant suprise”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was quite surprised to read some of the review written here. My husband and I visited this attraction whilst staying at a hotel nearby. We caught the river taxi intending to have a wander around the O2 but visited here also. I think obviously the visit was made better by the fantastic spring weather we were having that week but we both really enjoyed it. The views were stunning, because we arrived early we got a car to ourselves and could see for miles. I thought the entrance fee was actually really good value as this includes a visit to the exhibition, considering how much it costs to go on the London Eye or up the shard. You get handed a card when you get in the car which helps you to identify all the different landmarks and it was a really smooth and actually quite long ride. Im not particularly interested in aviation but I found it enjoyable, my husband really did and there was lots to do and see. Maybe, again because we were early it was quiet. The little café is worth a visit too, very reasonable for lovely and lovely cakes and coffee.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank EmmaJane46
AEexperiencemanager, Manager at The Emirates Aviation Experience, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Many Thanks for taking the time to review the Emirates Aviation Experience. I am delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your visit - especially our coffee and cakes!