“Dreamboys Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rise Superclub - CLOSED

Rise Superclub
More attraction details
Owner description: The wait for a truly iconic Superclub in the heart of London is over. A venue that is set to welcome world-renowned DJs & A-List Performing Artist- let us introduce you to RISE. Spread over 3 spacious floors with 2 rooms of quality music, complimented by a high quality sound & lighting system and attracting the glitterati of London's party scene, this venue is just what London’s been waiting for.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dreamboys Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked the Dreamboys Gold Package what a joke!
My first thoughts were what am I doing in this dump the stairwell was filthy it was 3 floors up 5 of the girls were already there we were seated right at the back of the room the booths are side on so half of you are facing away from the stage and the back of the booth is so high you can't see anything! Everyone was shocked!
I went and said to the guy who seated us we booked the gold seats (most expensive) why are we at the back he said they weren't the gold seats he would look into it then I was told to ask the girl on the desk at the front door (3 floors down) so I did she said if there was an empty booth they could move us!
There was an empty booth so I asked the guys to move us a man appeared and started screaming in my face (the owner)he was so rude just pure horrid everyone was shocked at his attitude said the girl never said this! I offered to go with him and talk to her and he said he would go he came back and got me to go with him and she said she didn't say we could move total backtrack! Nothing about this show was good! Food is not worth talking about utter rubbish the room was horrid the stage is no more than 6ft wide by 15th long if that! The dreamboys were fit but couldn't dance because they didn't have room! It was embarrassing to watch!
If you want to go just get the cheapest tickets and nothing else it's all rubbish the plastic seating was better than where we were sat!
Very disappointed the drag act was rubbish he couldn't sing a note he was awful really awful! He did have nice legs for a man! There was no other act just the drag queen for 2 songs then the dreamboys!
Not worth the money!

Visited May 2014
6 Thank Dorothy W

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Big disapointment and no organisation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We were told that is a very good club from people who sells ticket outside we paid 10 pounds to go in and after we waited to go in the securites didnt let me and my friend go in. We asked to give us a solution and they said cause we need to have a girl with us. This is incredible we gave them ids and everything!! London has big problem clubbing. Big RACISIM!! We are maltese and we let you everywere in our countries all you think is that we are libyans we are like you and its not a shame to be a libyan !!! Shame on you

6 Thank Clifford G
Surrey, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“AVOID AVOID AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Came here on a hen night, we all paid £55 each and the package included a booth (which we never got) a buffet (burnt garlic bread and some onion rings) a free cocktail (which you could only get at the bar on the bottom floor, when we eventually got it it was pretty much non alcoholic) and extras for the hen like decorations, willy straws, etc... Which we never got, a meet and greet (1 minute for a picture then pretty much pushed out for the next group) and a calendar, which you guessed it, we never got!
We had 2 rows of chairs to watch the dreamboys and 1 row had other people sitting on them. Informed the staff and he really didn't care. Then he started to fold the chairs up and put them away!!!! Leaving my 8 month pregnant friend standing! I could not believe it. When we protested about it, he tried to get us thrown out. He didn't succeed, and during the night he even tried to joke about it with us!
The dreamboys were glorified dancers. Yes they had great bodies, but if you pay to see a strip show you expect them to 'strip'.... Nope, not these guys! Took their tops off, saw a couple of bums and that's it! I get a better strip show at the local swimming pool!
Drinks were overpriced and watered down, staff were rude, place was filthy. 5 flights of stairs and the toilets were on the top floor. The whole place is a joke. £55 wasted!!!!! DO NOT GO HERE!!!!

9 Thank MrAss
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Terrible Night out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I bought tickets for me & my best friend to see the Dream Boys and wished I had never of bothered. So disappointed. The staff were rude, the place was filthy, the drinks were a ridulous price & the dream boys were glorified dancers who only took their tops off!
With our tickets we were intitled to a Buffet - deep fried rubbish which looked like it was due an inspection by an health inspection.
A cocktail - which supposedly had vodka in it but tasted like black current cordial & when I asked if we could have a shot of vodka in it... Yes at £6 a shot!
A calendar - which we never got!
Our seats were so squashed I had to seat side ways to watch the show.
The best part of the night was leaving. Would definitely not recommend this venue or the so called Dream Boys.

Visited April 2014
8 Thank EmmaMoon
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Came for TheDreamboys - didn't stay for club”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We visited as part of a hen weekend to see the TheDreamboys. As previous reviews mentioned the food is very average (bland pasta with veg, bland stir fry with veg, chips, onion rings and some donuts). However they have to cater to hundreds of people for the show so fair enough to an extent.

The club looks worn down and there were exposed screws in the bathroom that I cut my finger on (will be writing to the club).

**However, TheDreamboys were very good (lots of routines/costume changes) and the host was very funny!**

We had a great time, but did not stick around after the show and instead went elsewhere.

Visited April 2014