“So worth it!!!!!”

Shoreditch Street Art Tours
Ranked #8 of 836 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the visual delights of Shoreditch’s amazing colourful street art on a guided tour of Shoreditch London. The culture, art and techniques of world class local and visiting international street artists will be laid before you by your expert guide who specialises in Street Art. Bring a camera, for your guide is a world renowned street art photographer who will suggest stunning shots.
Reviewed 17 September 2014

Yesterday, my husband and I walked this tour with Dave and I had such a great time. The pace was perfect (and we have been pounding the pavement for days so our feet are a little beat up) and Dave really goes out of his way to keep his group safe. I am still a bit terrified of crossing the street in London...I can't seem to look the correct way yet. Anyway, for anyone even remotely interested in art, this was a super cool thing to do. Dave explains the history of street art and what's going on in the street art world right now, today. He's articulate, funny and very knowledgable. For me, one of the most exciting parts of the tour was when we came upon one of the street artists actually creating a piece on the spot!! We were able to chat with this guy for a few minutes and get a real feel for the process. Dave emailed us that night with a photo of the completed work as he went back after the tour. How cool is that? I've never been on a tour that was this engaging and I would recommend this without any hesitation. My husband loved it as well. I will plan to post some of the photos from the tour below. Go on this tour...it's worth it. One other thing, there was a gentleman on this tour from LA who is a genuine street art enthusiast and follows it all of the world. He's been on many of the London street art tours, many times. I happened to chat with him at a coffee shop and he was able to compare his experience of these tours. He felt that Dave was top-notch and the best street art tour guide around.

Date of experience: September 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)
All reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
in 27 reviews
"four hours"
in 26 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 31 reviews
in 99 reviews
"culture"
in 88 reviews

Reviewed 16 September 2014

Really great tour. We learned many things about street art. Our guide was very interesting and passionnate.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

thanks to my friend who took us on dave's shoreditch tour after having already been on it himself a couple of weeks earlier. a brilliant way to spend 3 hours walking around one the most interesting areas of london learning about the street art culture from a very knowledgeable, passionate,amusing guide, and with a smaller group that most of the other tours around. maybe slightly more expensive (apparently) but still very reasonable for the quality (15£). I highly recommend this tour, though I'm not sure if dave speaks any other languages.

Reviewed 13 September 2014

We took the tour yesterday and loved the whole 3 hours. Some amazing artworks by artists from all around the world. Great idea for teenagers visiting London. I would go again as the art is always changing. Make sure your camera or phone is charged.
Dave is a great guide and we would have most deffinately missed half of it if we had done this on our own - geat value for money.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 September 2014

My 15 year old son and I took this tour today and enjoyed it very much. Dave has a vast knowledge of the street art scene and the neighborhood in which it flourishes. His perspective does help convey that what many consider vandalism, really can be art, and art for everyone without a special visit to a gallery or museum or having vast sums of money to purchase your own. There were many examples of graffiti type art but also many examples of really skilled artists, societal commentary, and even quirky whimsy. It really makes you want to pay closer attention as you walk the streets so you don't miss the many little wonders that are around you. My son spent the afternoon looking up street art on Google and thinking up his own street art concepts. The tour had a definite impact.

It is a full three hours of walking so wear real comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water Of course you definitely want to bring a camera. And try to get there on time so Dave doesn't have to keep answering the phone to tell late folks where the tour has gone.

Thanks Dave!