“Great tour with a knowledgable guide”

Shoreditch Street Art Tours
Ranked #5 of 821 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the visual delights of Shoreditch’s amazing colourful street art on a guided tour of Shoreditch London. The culture, art and techniques of world class local and visiting international street artists will be laid before you by your expert guide who specialises in Street Art. Bring a camera, for your guide is a world renowned street art photographer who will suggest stunning shots.
Reviewed 26 January 2015

I did the nighttime photography tour on Sunday 25th, which was a well targeted Christmas gift because it combined photography - a recently taken up hobby - and street art, which is incredibly clever when done well and much, much better than the average graffiti you find mindlessly added to random sites.

We had a group of 3, which made for a good size and I found I was the most experienced photographer there (except for Dave our guide). I thought the lack of experience of the others might frustrate me but that wasn't the case. Dave could spend the time he needed to with all of us and taught us a couple of nice techniques for photographing the art during the night. And he took us to some great locations where we could practice the new photography techniques. We even got a bonus of finding a newly finished piece of art by Corpse. If we'd been there a few minutes earlier we might have seen him finish it but that wasn't to be. The downside was the paint was still wet so the light reflected a touch but that's a small price to pay for the excitement of seeing something so new.

Our tour lasted around 3 hours and I took around 100 photos of art work I'd never seen before, despite me wandering around Shoreditch every few months to see what's changed. None of it was rushed.

I loved the topics we covered on the tour so it's hard to criticise but, to be honest, there's nothing to criticise. The art is great. The group size was excellent. Dave knew both how to photograph, what to photograph and who'd painted it. I'd like to know more about the artists so I'll be going back in the summer to do the art tour on it's own but I'll be reading Dave's blog regularly from here on in.

If you're contemplating doing this tour but can't decide then I'd simply say "do it!". It's great fun and you'll be rewarded with some great pics and some new knowledge.

Date of experience: January 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)
All reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
in 27 reviews
"four hours"
in 26 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 31 reviews
in 99 reviews
"culture"
in 87 reviews

Reviewed 25 January 2015

This tour really opened my eyes to the art that is out there on the streets......who needs galleries when there is an ever changing array of delights to be enjoyed under our very noses. Dave is a mine of information and quirky anecdotes which made a 3 and a half hour tour pass in the blink of an eye! I won't be looking at the pavement ever again!

2  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Although i live in London and have visited the area many times I got a lot out of joining this tour. Dave is informative,and knowledgeable and clearly has a real passion for street art. If you like street art i would say this tour is a MUST DO, and i may well go back for another tour in a few months as of course much of the art changes over time.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

This tour was one of the highlights of my two and a half week stay in London. It was great to see the art, but also to see a vibrant and exciting neighborhood of London that I might not have stumbled onto. Dave was knowledgeable and friendly and even introduced us to two artists that we passed by that were working. Then, he followed up with an extensive email with links and more detailed information about some of the things that came up on our tour. For the 15 pounds, it was a great bargain.